Believe it or not, every company that has built its own newsroom has found that the benefits and results are a vital part of their success within their industry. At Fort Lauderdale PR firm Durée & Company, we understand that every successful business is equipped with a well-run newsroom so when we came across this article from LinkedIn, we knew we had to share insight from our own personal experience.
Below, we’ve listed the two types of newsrooms, including their function, benefits and how they can be a great contributing factor to your overall content integration when it comes to social media marketing and media relations planning, according to LinkedIn. In addition to this, a newsroom is an important place for media, clients and prospective clients to learn more about your company and brand in a nutshell.
- The first type of “newsroom” is your company’s own internal marketing and communications team. Ideas, content and campaigns start here, so it’s important to have an organized strategy. For many of our clients, we serve as an extension to their team where we propose ideas, put forth communications plans, craft press releases and create content that can then be integrated into a website, blog and social media channels. Having everyone on the same page is the first step before information is shared publicly.
- The second type of “newsroom” exists online and is often the most visited page of a website. Here, you have the opportunity to share news, information, accolades and expertise and showcase the work you produce. Our role is to advise our clients and assist in creating the appropriate content, stressing that consistency is key. Your vendors, customers, partners and even the press may click here first, so staying updated and relevant is important in sharing your brand story. Below are the basics needed for every online newsroom:
- General information about your company
- Media representation, including contact information
- Access to your company’s recent press releases, presentations, clients and images
- Links to social media channels and company blog
If your business doesn’t have a newsroom, now is the time to build one! This will help establish your online reputation for your brand and set your company apart from its competition. So as we like to say, “It’s true that you only get once chance to make a first impression. But you have a million chances to make an indelible impression!”
About Durée & Company
Durée & Company, Inc. is an award-winning full-service public relations, marketing and special events firm with offices in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Aspen, Colorado. The firm serves the corporate, agency and non-profit arenas for local, national and international clients focusing on public relations for real estate, public relations for restaurants, public relations for law firms, public relations for charities, public relations for healthcare, and many more. Durée & Company services include Public Relations, Social Media, Marketing, Advertising, Special Events, and Radio Promotions and Outreach.