WHEN YOU FIND YOUR CALLING, WHY KEEP LOOKING?
President Durée Mellion Ross fell in love with public relations at the age of 19 during a fated college internship. Originally a double major in broadcast journalism and sociology at the University of Miami, she found her place in the world of PR.
Now an award-winning PR entrepreneur, Durée leads a talented team of media relations and marketing specialists in South Florida. The reach of her PR agency, Durée & Company, is global with clients who provide services and impact lives from South Florida to around the world.
Durée & Company specializes in providing public relations, media relations, marketing, brand management, community and social cause outreach, social media, advertising, campaign management, corporate communications, and consulting services for for-profit and non-profit companies.
LOCALLY GROWN, INTERNATIONALLY KNOWN
Born, raised and raising a family in South Florida, Durée maintains a headquarters in Fort Lauderdale and a satellite office in Aspen, Colorado. Durée & Company has a wide variety of clients, and the firm has joined the ranks of some of the nation’s most elite professional organizations.
Durée & Company is:
- A member of PR Boutiques International™ (PRBI), an international network of boutique PR firms
- Durée is a member of Forbes Agency Council, an invitation-only organization for executives in successful public relations, media strategy, creative and advertising agencies.
- Durée is a published contributor to Forbes, the international business magazine.
ACTIVELY ENGAGED WITH HER COMMUNITY
Durée & Company builds its reputation, brand and impact through community service. Personally, Durée has devoted time and resources to missions she believes in. Her work for charitable causes has included, but is not limited to:
- Chair, Circle of Red 2012 Go Red for Women Broward County (Fla.) campaign
- Member, Broward Women’s Alliance, United Way of Broward County’s Envision United group and United Way of Broward County Women United
Her honors include being recognized by the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation at its 8th Annual Comedy Night in 2017. In 2016, she was a March of Dimes Women of Distinction honoree, and in 2013, Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County named Durée one of 100 Outstanding Women of Broward County.
AWARDED BY HER INDUSTRY
Durée and Durée & Company have been celebrated within the PR and small business communities. Their most recent professional accolades include:
- 2017 American Business Awards, also known as The Stevie® Awards, Bronze winner for Women in Business in the Entrepreneur of the Year – Business Services – 10 or Less Employees Category
- 2017 Bulldog Stars of PR Silver Award, Small Agency of the Year (fewer than 50 employees) category
- 2016 PR News’ Top Women in PR
- 2016 Women of Distinction Award from March of Dimes
SHARING HER EXPERTISE
Beyond training her own team, Durée is in demand to present at various professional events and has served on a range of marketing panels. Some of her most noteworthy engagements include the South Florida Business Journal’s Bizwomen Mentoring Monday in Fort Lauderdale (2014–2017), the Women’s Success Summit IX, Miami (2014), and a recurring invitation to speak to students in the MBA program at FAU’s College of Business and at the University of Miami, her alma mater.
She serves as the board public relations chair for AAF (American Advertising Federation) Greater Fort Lauderdale & The Palm Beaches.
In addition, she volunteers her time and PR expertise to a number of non-profit organizations, including Debbie’s Dream Foundation: Curing Stomach Cancer, and MADD.
She is a published contributor to Inc. magazine, an American weekly magazine which publishes about small businesses and startups.
In 2018, Durée was invited to create and serve on the committee to establish Florida Atlantic University’s Women in Leadership program, which she did very successfully.
A SOLID FOUNDATION
Prior to establishing Durée and Company, Durée honed her skills with DindyCo PR & Marketing; Best Buddies International, a non-profit organization founded and operated by Anthony Kennedy Shriver; and Zynyx Marketing Communications, which became The Nixon Group and is now part of the GolinHarris family. Durée presently resides in Fort Lauderdale with her husband, son and daughter.
Consistently celebrated within the
PR and small business communities.