It happens every year. Summer moves quickly, fall picks up with client events, our schedules fill up and we suddenly realize: Halloween is just around the corner. Here we are, mid-October, and we have not the slightest clue what any of us are wearing for Halloween! How will we decorate our homes? What festivities will we attend? Lucky for you, the team at award-winning South Florida PR firm Durée & Company is here to help our friends and family have a spooktacular celebration.
Here are just a few of our tips for getting into the Halloween spirit:
- Attend a Halloween-themed event – The city of Pembroke Pines is hosting the 5th annual Ghoulish Guardians Pumpkin Carving/Design on Saturday, Oct. 17. This is a free event with encouraged donations benefiting Children’s Harbor, a Pembroke Pines-based child welfare organization. Kids of all ages are welcome to attend, and prizes are up for grabs! For additional information, visit ppines.com/ArtsforCommunityEngagement.
- Plan your costume – While Halloween costume stores pop up everywhere this time of the year, that isn’t your only option. Try designing your own outfit using items from your closet and craft drawer!
- Get your pumpkins – Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade is hosting its annual pumpkin patch seven days a week, now through Halloween at the Hank Kline Club.
- Decorate your home – One of our favorite social media platforms, Pinterest, is here to guide you through the ins and outs of Halloween decorations. All you have to do is search the site using generic keywords and phrases such as “Halloween decorations,” “spooky houses” and “haunted décor,” just to name a few.
- Bake a yummy treat – The D&Co team is filled with foodies, so this holiday should be no different! Here are 15 must-make recipes from AOL. Not skilled in the kitchen? Consider outsourcing dessert by ordering delicious treats like the cupcakes from Sweet Guilt by Angelica.
- Give back to the community – On Saturday, Oct. 31, 2015, dine at BRIO Tuscan Grille in Plantation. Ten percent of all the delicious food and non-alcoholic drinks will support MADD Fort Lauderdale’s 2016 Walk Like MADD & MADD Dash 5K.
Now cast your spells, match your pumps to your broom and try not to hurt your teeth on too much candy this Halloween!