Miami, Fla. — Nov. 8, 2017 — At the recent Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade Board Dinner & Award Ceremony on November 1 at the Coral Gables Country Club, new appointments to the organization’s Executive Committee and Board of Directors were announced.
Andres “Mo” Guilarte, formerly with Allstate Insurance in Coral Gables, has been named chair of Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade’s Board of Directors. Guilarte will serve in the position for a two-year term. He takes over from Peter L. Bermont, who recently completed a two-year term.
Guilarte, who was born and raised in Miami by his Cuban parents, owned the Allstate Insurance agency in Coral Gables, which he sold in April 2017, for 23 years. He currently does consulting work for several large cap companies, as well as manages his real estate investments. His family has been active volunteering and in board positions with Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade for over 40 years.
He and his wife live in Coral Gables, and are expecting their first child in January. Guilarte is the stepfather of two wonderful children.
“I am honored to serve as the chair for Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade,” said Guilarte. “This organization has held a special place in my family’s heart for many years. In my role, I want to emphasize the importance of providing a world-class experience to our youth. One that ensures success is within reach of every young person who enters our doors, with all members on track to graduate from high school with a plan for the future.”
Aside from Guilarte being the new Board Chair, the other three top positions on the board have changed. All of the three were members of the executive board. One of them is an actual past board chair. They are as follows:
- Vice Chair – Robert M. Kramer, attorney and partner at Kramer, Green, Zuckerman, Greene & Buchsbaum P.A
- Secretary- Yuni Navarro, executive vice president and head of Human resources of Ocean Bank
- Treasurer – Raul G. Marmol, retired and past board chair 2008-2010
New appointments to Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade’s Executive Committee are:
- Charles Barton, managing director at JLL (Commercial Real Estate)
- Rodolfo “Rudy” Lleonart, executive vice president & chief operating officer at Continental National Bank
- Howard Master, retired insurance professional
- Gabriela Rachadell de Delgado, partner at InterJuris Abogados, S.C., Executive Committee member, head of Energy Practice
- Jeffrey “Jeff” Samas, managing director at Wells Fargo Insurance Services
New appointments to Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade’s Board of Directors are:
- Robert Cuevas, former Miami-Dade County Attorney
- Anthony Lopez, restaurateur with Lopez Restaurant, Inc.
- Melissa Pallett-Vasquez, partner in Bilzin Sumberg’s Litigation Group
- Joe Traba, Jr., Financial Advisor with Wells Fargo Advisors
- Andrew Stewart, CEO of Norwegian Cruise Lines
“Our Board Dinner & Award Ceremony was a great success,” said Guilarte. “We are pleased to welcome several new leaders to our Executive Committee and Board of Directors. They are all very respected in our community, and highly dedicated to coninuing to provide a safe place where Miami-Dade youth can learn and grow; where relationships are cultivated with caring, adult professionals; and where there’s hope and opportunity.”
About Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade
Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade has been serving youth in the community since 1940. What once was a single building and site for boys has grown to five Clubs serving thousands of boys and girls year round, providing programs in the areas of character and leadership development, educational enhancement, career preparation, health and life skills, cultural arts and sports, fitness and recreation. Club staffing, initiatives, and programs are designed to inspire and enable young people and provide them with the resources to succeed and share in the American Dream. For more information, please visit www.bgcmia.org.