Black Friday? Cyber Monday? How about Giving Tuesday, which falls each year on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving? At award-winning PR firm Durée & Company, we love how the holidays provide extra opportunities to give back to the community. While we support our non-profit clients all year long, it’s nice that this time of year brings increased awareness.
This year, Giving Tuesday takes place on Dec. 1. Participating in Giving Tuesday is simple: channel your holiday spirit and give back to the community, and then use #GivingTuesday to tell others how you are giving and encourage them to as well. Here are some D&Co suggestions on how to participate in Giving Tuesday with some of our clients:
- Head over to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade’s Hank Kline Club and purchase a Christmas tree or wreath.
- Collect cans of food to donate to Feeding South Florida™.
- Support persons with autism by getting your car washed at Rising Tide Car Wash.
- Volunteer your time or donate to the Crockett Foundation.
- Sign up for the Walk Like MADD & MADD Dash 2016. If you’re unable to complete the 5K, consider signing up as a sponsor.
- Sign up to be a Day-of-Project volunteer for Rebuilding Together Broward County to improve the homes and lives of low income homeowners.
- Volunteer at the Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Become a docent or volunteer, or donate to the Coral Springs Museum of Art.
- Make a donation to our pro-bono client Debbie’s Dream Foundation to help fight stomach cancer.
Giving season is here – we would love your support of our wonderful clients!