Want to move your company to South Florida? From HQ relocations to new office openings, it’s no secret there has been a massive influx of tech and business leaders coming to The Sunshine State. According to Forbes, Miami has all the makings to be an up-and-coming tech hub, among the many other industries flocking south. At Fort Lauderdale and Aspen-based public relations and marketing agency Durée & Company, we have extensive experience guiding clients on their next move, and we know the importance of having the proper branding strategy in place to do so.
With a new location, comes new opportunities. Use this move to refresh your brand, making it ready to shine. If you’re planning to take your brand to Miami, Fort Lauderdale or Palm Beach, use these six tips to stand out from the crowd.
1. Add a new pop of color or accent.
- A brand’s logo is a key aspect of the brand’s identity. Not only is it the visual representation of the brand, but a recognizable logo can lead to brand loyalty. Match South Florida’s vibrant personality by adding a new element to spice up the brand’s image. Take notes from the Miami Heat’s VICE Campaign and brighten up the brand’s color scheme or add an accent color to make the logo pop. Once the brand’s new logo is ready to go, update your swag collection. Make a splash with branded water bottles, selfie lights, beach totes, cooling towels and more to boost brand awareness.
2. Include a new tagline or slogan.
- Make your move known with a new tagline or slogan to accompany the brand’s name or announcement strategy. This tagline should give customers an elevator pitch of what the company is all about. Taglines and slogans make the company’s purpose crystal clear in a concise yet creative manner. Plus, they differentiate the brand from the other companies making their move to South Florida and they make it memorable.
3. Utilize new imagery.
- No more marketing to the cold! Make sure your marketing plan accounts for the change of location, weather and personality of South Florida. Implement sunshine and reflect the cultural vibe of Miami, Fort Lauderdale and/or Palm Beach with vibrant, warm and welcoming imagery.
4. Create a rollout plan and announce it successfully.
- Timing is everything! Plan out all deliverables for the announcement on a timeline. Campaigns have a lot of moving parts and being organized is crucial. Rollout planning should begin at the very early stages of the process so there is enough time to strategize and execute the launch properly. Also, many components of public relations require significant lead time. The key to successfully announcing your move is planning it effectively.
5. Become a part of the community.
- Work AND play in South Florida. Start building relationships with other companies, officials and residents throughout the area. Miami or “The Magic City,” which is quickly becoming a leading tech hub, has played host to some of the largest players in the tech and crypto scenes, including the 2021 Bitcoin Conference. From creating sponsorships and hosting after parties, to maximizing media exposure and logo recognition throughout, Durée & Company can (and has) quickly come up with ideas to leverage many opportunities for its clients putting them at the front of all the action.
- Create and implement corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives to support causes and make inroads with local organizations. Companies with CSR programs have stronger visibility in the market and may appear more attractive to potential employees who value this type of workplace culture.
6. Make sure it is clear people know you’re coming!
- Update your website, utilize social media and leverage the move for opportunities to tell the brand’s story. From press materials to email signatures, no detail should be overlooked when it comes to where the brand’s name and announcement appears.
Don’t know where to start? Contact us today to start planning to move your company to South Florida and your new, enormously impactful strategy.
About Durée & Company, Inc.
Durée & Company, Inc. is an award-winning, full-service public relations, marketing and special events firm founded in 1999. The firm has offices in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and Aspen, Colorado. Durée & Company serves the corporate, agency and nonprofit arenas for local, national and international clients. Services include public relations, social media, marketing, digital marketing, content development, advertising, special events, branding, radio promotions, affiliate marketing and more. Durée & Company clients include well-known names in yachting, business, real estate, hospitality, travel, health and wellness, cannabis and psychedelics, art and culture, fashion, nonprofit organizations, cryptocurrency and technology, legal and professional services. Durée & Company is a member of PR Boutiques International™ (PRBI), an international network of boutique PR firms. To learn more, call 954-723-9350; go to dureeandcompany.com; cannabismarketingpr.com; or psychedelicpr.com. Join the social conversation and follow Durée & Company on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn at @DureeCoPR.