There are not one, but two opportunities to celebrate one of the country’s most consumed beverages. #NationalCoffeeDay is Sept. 29, and #InternationalCoffeeDay is Oct. 1. So ― what to do; which one to celebrate? We at Aspen and Fort Lauderdale-based public relations agency Durée & Company offer a solution: Celebrate both!
Specialty coffee consumption is on the rise and we simply couldn’t ignore these two significant hashtag holidays that celebrate our favorite caffeinated beverage! While coffee has been enjoyed for hundreds of years, it’s interesting to learn how the trends have evolved when it comes to a Cup of Joe.
Percolate on these fun facts:
- 61% of coffee cups now consumed are considered specialty beverages, according to the National Coffee Association USA (NCA)’s 2019 National Coffee Data Trends (NCDT).
- Also according to the NCDT, 63% of American adults drink coffee daily (at D&CO’s offices, that percentage is much higher!)
- Demand for gourmet coffee, including espresso-based beverages and ready-to-drink, is growing, partly because of younger coffee drinkers.
- A 2018 survey commissioned by the National Coffee Association (NCA) found that 48% of millennials said they had a cup of coffee they consider to be gourmet the day before.
- According to recent findings by Datassential, 70% of consumers love or like coffee!
Sure, tea for two is a great idea, but how about coffee for two special days! Discover your inner barista on Sept. 29 and Oct. 1 ― or stop by your favorite café.
About Durée & Company, Inc.
Durée & Company, Inc. is an award-winning, full-service public relations, marketing and special events firm founded in 1999. The firm has offices in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and Aspen, Colorado. Durée & Company serves the corporate, agency and nonprofit arenas for local, national and international clients. Services include public relations, social media, marketing, digital marketing, content development, advertising, special events, branding, radio promotions, affiliate marketing and more. Durée & Company clients include well-known names in yachting, business, real estate, hospitality, travel, health and wellness, cannabis and psychedelics, art and culture, fashion, nonprofit organizations, cryptocurrency and technology, legal and professional services. Durée & Company is a member of PR Boutiques International™ (PRBI), an international network of boutique PR firms. To learn more, call 954-723-9350; go to dureeandcompany.com; cannabismarketingpr.com; or psychedelicpr.com. Join the social conversation and follow Durée & Company on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn at @DureeCoPR.