At award-winning South Florida PR firm Durée & Company, we feel incredibly lucky for many things, including our wonderful clients like Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science, and our proximity to all things water-related: the Intracoastal Waterway, Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay, and the hundreds of canals that make Fort Lauderdale the “Venice of America.” Therefore, we’re excited to be attending Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science’s 4th annual Miami Underwater Festival this weekend.
Sponsored by festival founders Shelly and Marko Dimitrijevic, the celebrations coincide with global World Oceans Day. On Thursday, June 11, the Museum launches the festival with “Science Up Close” featuring “Romance on the Reef: When Threatened Coral Species Mate,” with Dr. Nicole D. Fogarty of Nova Southeastern University’s College of Natural Sciences and Oceanography. Following the keynote presentation, small group discussions led by acclaimed marine scientists, researchers, and graduate students will occur. Live jazz music provided by the Frost School of Music and libations courtesy of Wynwood Brewing Company and Vita Coco will round out the evening’s experience. To enjoy free admission to this June 11 event, please visit https://bit.ly/ScienceUpCloseUnderwater to RSVP.
On Saturday, June 13 and Sunday, June 14, families can visit the Museum to enjoy a variety of activities including:
- Dive into the marine world with breathtaking underwater films from BLUE On Tour, the touring arm of the world-renowned BLUE Ocean Film Festival & Conservation Summit.
- Learn how to build your own aquarium.
- Get your hands wet and touch some real life sea critters in the Museum’s Sea Lab and much more.
- Dissect a shark with the Museum’s staff and learn about conservation and shark tagging with Sharks 4 Kids and @whysharksmatter’s David Shiffman.
- Explore a beautiful display of moon jellyfish in a special aquarium provided by Florida Marine Aquarium Society
All daytime programming on June 13 and 14 is free with paid museum admission.
Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science is located at 3280 South Miami Avenue, Miami, FL 33129. For more information, please visit www.miamisci.org.