Soak up the sun and enjoy holiday fun at The LOOP! A winter wonderland awaits as Fort Lauderdale Beach transforms into a hub of holiday activities steps from the shoreline during the Third Annual WONDERLAND, Nov. 13, 2023–Jan. 1, 2024. Throughout the seven-week WONDERLAND holiday experience, locals and visitors of all ages will make lasting memories through an array of sights, sounds, special activities and performances, including the holiday MKT, strolling characters, live music, dance performances, visits with Santa, holiday movies and more.
Get ready to glide and groove under the sun, where sustainability meets fun! Fort Lauderdale Beach has never been cooler with the debut of The Wonderland RINK at Las Olas Oceanside Park, a 4,000 sq. ft. eco-friendly, technological marvel that brings the thrill of ice skating seaside, under blue skies and swaying palm trees. Composed of self-moisturizing, seamless tongue-and-groove panels, The RINK offers a smooth surface for skaters to glide and turn as they would on conventional ice, while providing a traditional wintertime experience that’s perfect for all ages, ice skating novices and pros alike.
Open daily from Nov. 13 through Jan. 1, The RINK will feature weekly specialty theme skates, including Chill & Thrill College Student Skate Monday, Giving Tuesday benefiting local nonprofits, Glam & Glide Girls’ Night Out on Wednesdays, Skate in Cinema coinciding with Seasons Screenings movie nights, Rock The RINK on Fridays with live music, Love on Ice Couples Night on Saturdays and Family Skate with Santa and friends on Sundays. Half-time skates will take place every Monday and Wednesday for seniors (55+) and every Tuesday and Thursday for little ones (3-5 years old). Skaters can enjoy hot chocolate, iced coffees and other holiday treats from Ry’s Coffee daily.
To help make the holiday season even brighter, The RINK will donate $2 from each ticket sale on Giving Tuesdays throughout the seven-week series to local nonprofit organizations, including the Humane Society of Broward County, United Way of Broward County’s Mission United, The Pride Center at Equality Park, Feeding South Florida, Broward Center Arts in Education and Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) Broward County. Supporters can also make any Tuesday a Giving Tuesday by adding a donation or keepsake ornament to any skate session purchase.
Tickets for The RINK go on sale Friday, Oct. 6, at https://theloopflb.ticketspice.com/the-rink-at-wonderland.
To kick off WONDERLAND, the City of Fort Lauderdale’s Light Up the Beach takes center stage with the illumination of more than 50,000 holiday lights along the picturesque beachfront and the return of “Olas,” the wildly popular larger-than-life 20-foot beach snowman. Highlights include performances by the Bobby Rodriguez Orchestra plus a kids zone with Santa, inflatables, slides, pony rides and more. Follow The LOOP’s social channels @theloopflb for the chance to “Light Up Your Holidays” with and Florida Power & Light (FPL) and win one of 25 pairs of tickets to The RINK during the annual Light Up the Beach event.
On Thursday, Dec. 7, the City of Fort Lauderdale will host its annual Menorah Lighting in honor of the first night of Hanukkah. Highlights include the traditional menorah lighting, music and delicious customary treats.
On Christmas Eve, Sunday, Dec. 24, Jeff Grainger, backed by his six-piece band with Rat Pack buddies Sammy and Dean, will take guests back to the Swing Era with classic Sinatra tunes and holiday hits.
WONDERLAND is presented by the City of Fort Lauderdale’s Beach Business Improvement District (BID) in partnership with the City of Fort Lauderdale Parks and Recreation Department, and sponsors Visit Lauderdale and Florida Power & Light (FPL).
The LOOP’s full schedule of holiday events and experiences* includes the following:
*Performers’ schedules, experiences, and Santa visits, subject to change
Glide into the holiday spirit at The RINK at The LOOP!
Chills & Thrills College Student Skate: Every Monday, college students aged 18 and older can glide through the holiday season and skate back in time to retro beats from Classic Disco, Old-School Hip Hop and Motown to 70’s Yacht Rock. The exclusive, buy one, get one 50% special using promo code BOGO50 is the coolest way to take a break from textbooks without breaking the bank. Valid student enrollment and ID are required at check-in.
Half-time Skates: Monday through Thursday: 30-minute sessions; 2:30–3 p.m.
Join the vibrant community of active senior skaters (55+) who know that age is just a number and take to the ice every Monday and Wednesday at 2:30 p.m. for an invigorating 30-minute workout. The RINK will keep the energy high and the skates gliding to retro beats, all for the affordable price of $10, which includes skate rental.
Calling all parents of little ones (ages 3-5)! Join The RINK every Tuesday and Thursday at 2:30 p.m. and watch the little skaters take their first steps on ice, during this 30-minute session designed for family fun and bonding. The combo parent and child ticket include skate rental for each and one skate assist. Double-blade skates to slip-on sneakers are also available.
Giving Tuesday: Local nonprofits will receive $2 for every ticket sale.
- 21: Humane Society of Broward County
- 28: United Way of Broward County’s Mission United
- 5: The Pride Center at Equality Park
- 12: Feeding South Florida
- 19: Broward Center Arts in Education
- Dec 26: Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) Broward County
Glam & Glide GNO and Love on Ice Couples Night: Wednesday and Saturday, (21+) starting at 7 p.m.
Ladies, get ready to sparkle and shine at Glam & Glide: Girl’s Night Out, the ultimate Wednesday night skating experience complete with Live DJ and specialty dress-up themes from Pajama Party to Holiday Hoedown.
On Saturday, couples can experience Love on Ice, the ultimate SaturDATE night and making lasting memories together.
Themed nights include:
- Wed, Nov. 15: Pajama Jam (Pop)
- Sat, Nov. 18: Ice, Ice Baby (Hip Hop)
- Wed, Nov. 22: Ice, Ice Baby (Hip Hop)
- Sat, Nov. 25: Retro Skate (50’s–70’s)
- Wed, Nov. 29: Holiday Hoedown (Country)
- Sat, Dec. 2: Yacht Rock (70’s & 80’s Rock)
- Wed, Dec. 6: Silent Disco Night
- Sat, Dec. 9: Silent Disco Night
- Wed, Dec. 13: Ugly Sweater Night (EDM)
- Sat, Dec. 16: Ugly Sweater Night (EDM)
Rock The RINK: Synced to the sounds from Friday night’s “Music on the Main” concerts, the rink transforms into a live music venue, Nov 17 – Dec 15, where guests can skate to the rhythm of incredible bands. And that’s not all – The RINK is turning up the excitement with the “Groove & Glide Sweepstakes” sponsored by FPL! Claim a free ticket to the concert series and automatically be entered for a chance to win one of four pairs of skate session tickets.
SEASON SCREENINGS – HOLIDAY MOVIE NIGHTS
Locals and visitors of all ages are encouraged to bring lawn chairs, blankets and a favorite movie date to the main lawn at Las Olas Oceanside Park. Come early to dine at one of Fort Lauderdale Beach’s restaurants, shop the MKT starting at 3 p.m., trade in their sandals for ice skates at The RINK, snap Instagram-worthy shots with family and friends or bring a picnic for a dinner and movie experience under the stars. Movie snacks and drinks are also available to purchase onsite, and limited chairs and blankets are available to borrow. The movie lineup includes:
Thursday, Nov. 30 | Happy Feet; Rated PG
- Showtime: 7:30 p.m.; Run Time: 1 hour 48 minutes
- Synopsis: Mumble, a young emperor penguin, lives in Antarctica. Like others of his kind, he needs to be able to sing to attract a mate, but he has a terrible voice. Instead, Mumble must express himself, and lure a female through his amazing talent for tap-dancing.
Thursday, Dec. 7 | Abominable; Rated PG
- Showtime: 8 p.m.; Run Time: 1 hour 26 minutes
- Synopsis: After discovering a Yeti on the roof of her apartment building, teenage Yi and her two friends embark on an epic quest to reunite the magical creature with his family. But to do so, they must stay one step ahead of a wealthy financier and a determined zoologist who wants to capture the beast for their own gain.
Thursday, Dec. 14 | Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone; Rated PG
- Showtime: 7 p.m.; Run Time: 2 hours 32 minutes
- Synopsis: Adaptation of the first of J.K. Rowling’s popular children’s novels about Harry Potter, a boy who learns on his 11th birthday that he is the orphaned son of two powerful wizards and possesses unique magical powers of his own. He is summoned from his life as an unwanted child to become a student at Hogwarts, an English boarding school for wizards. There, he meets several friends who become his closest allies and help him discover the truth about his parents’ mysterious deaths.
Thursday, Dec. 21 | Arthur Christmas; Rated PG
- Showtime: 7:30 p.m.; Run Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Synopsis: Everyone knows that each Christmas, Santa Claus delivers presents to every last child on Earth. What everyone doesn’t know is that Santa accomplishes the feat with a very high-tech operation beneath the North Pole. But when the unthinkable happens, and Santa misses one child out of hundreds of millions, someone has to save the day. It’s up to Arthur, Santa’s youngest son, to deliver a present to the forgotten tyke before Christmas morning dawns.
MUSIC ON THE MAIN LAWN
Every Friday from 6:30 p.m., locals and visitors are invited to enjoy free live music on the main lawn at Las Olas Oceanside Park, featuring genres ranging from Motown to Top 40, Country Rock to Latin Pop and a Flashback Friday 80’s night. Attendees are invited to come early to enjoy various pre-concert activities starting at 3 p.m., including local artisans and food and drink vendors to sip, sup and shop before, during, and after the show.
The live music lineup includes:
- 17 – ReaXion Band (Decades)
- 24 – OSG: The Old Skool Gang (Motown)
- 1 – Southbound 75 (Country/Rock)
- 8 – Laura Goodstone (Latin Pop)
- 15 – Private Stock (80’s Flashback)
CHRISTMAS EVE WITH SINATRA | Sunday, December 24, 5–9:30 p.m.
Back by popular demand, Christmas Eve with Sinatra will be a night to remember filled with classic Sinatra tunes and holiday hits. Featuring Jeff Grainger, backed by his six-piece band with Rat Pack buddies Sammy and Dean, guests will feel like they are back in the Swing Era. Bring the whole family and start a new Christmas Eve tradition. The concert is free to attend and welcomes all ages. A limited number of VIP Supper Club-style tables are available for purchase.
- Cost: FREE open lawn seating or supper club seating is available for purchase ($30-135)
- A limited supply of chairs are available to rent for $7.50
- Time: Seating opens at 5 p.m.; Concert begins at 6:30 p.m.
- For tickets and information, please visit https://theloopflb.com/events/christmas-eve-with-sinatra/.
Sip, Sup, Stroll and Shop Small this holiday season with artisan-made gifts for giving, homemade bites for entertaining, and special fashion finds and accessories. The MKT at Las Olas Oceanside Park expands its regular weekend hours leading up to, and after Thanksgiving, with night markets on Thursday and Friday and extended hours every Saturday and Sunday. Santa will be topping
- Thursdays: 3–10 p.m., beginning November 30
- Fridays: 3–10 p.m., beginning November 17
- Saturdays: 9 a.m.–7 p.m., beginning November 25
- Sundays: 10 a.m.–7 p.m., beginning November 26
For more information, please visit https://theloopflb.com/events/categories/market/
FREE PHOTOS WITH SANTA & HOLIDAY CHARACTERS
Nov. 17: 6–8:30 p.m.
Nov. 21: 5–7 p.m.
Nov. 22: 6:30–9 p.m.
Nov. 24: 6–8:30 p.m.
Nov. 25: 11 a.m.–2 p.m.
Nov. 26: 11 a.m.–2 p.m.
Nov. 28: 5–7 p.m.
Nov. 30: 6–8 p.m.
Dec. 1: 6–8:30 p.m.
Dec. 2: 11 a.m.–2 p.m.
Dec. 3: 11 a.m.–2 p.m.
Dec. 5: 5–7 p.m.
Dec. 6: 6:30–9 p.m.
Dec. 8: 6–8:30 p.m.
Dec. 9: 11 a.m.–2 p.m.
Dec. 10: 11 a.m.–2 p.m.
Dec. 12: 5–7 p.m.
Dec. 14: 6–8 p.m.
Dec. 15: 6–8:30 p.m.
Dec. 16 11 a.m.–2 p.m.
Dec. 17: 11 a.m.–2 p.m.
Dec. 19: 5–7 p.m.
Dec. 21 6–8 p.m.
Dec. 23: 11 a.m.–2 p.m.
Dec. 24: 5–7 p.m.
Cost: The LOOP’s WONDERLAND events are free and open to the public.
Cost for The RINK (includes skate rental and 50 minutes of skate time):
- Adults (18+): $20
- General Admission (13-17 years old):
- Children (6-12 years old): $15
- Skate Assist: $7 – quantity limit 20 per session
- Glam & Glide GNO and Love on Ice Couples Nights (21+) – Wednesdays and Saturdays, 7–10 p.m.: $25
- Silent Disco (includes headsets) – Dec. 6 and Dec. 9: $30
- Half Skate Sessions (30-minutes, includes skates):
- Seniors (55+) – Mondays and Wednesdays: $10
- Adult and child combo (3-5 years old) – Tuesdays and Thursdays: $15 includes skates and skate assist
- Half Skate Sessions (30-minutes, includes skates):
- Socks: $5
- WONDERLAND ornament: $12; $6 donated to partner nonprofits
- Make every day Giving Tuesday: Increments of $6, $12, $18 may be added to tickets at checkout
When: Monday, Nov. 13–Monday, Jan. 1
The RINK Hours:
- Monday–Thursday: 2:30–10 p.m. (2:30 p.m. for 30-min special sessions)
- Friday: 12–10 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m.–10 p.m.
- Wednesday and Saturday (21+): 7–10 p.m.
- Holiday hours vary.
Where: Las Olas Oceanside Park: 3000 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
The most convenient place to park to access the event is the Las Olas Beach Parking Garage, where the PayByPhone payment option can be used, and parking can be extended from anywhere using the mobile PayByPhone APP.
How: For details on all activities, registration, and ticket information, please visit www.theloopflb.com.
To purchase tickets for The RINK at The LOOP, please visit https://theloopflb.ticketspice.com/the-rink-at-wonderland.
About The LOOP
A cornerstone of activity, The LOOP (Las Olas Oceanside Park) is the central hub of the $65 million four-park system at the heart of Fort Lauderdale Beach. The public greenspaces, including the Intracoastal Promenade, Las Olas Beach Garage Sunset Terrace, and DC Alexander Park, aim to provide infinite experiences for everyone under the sun and year-round activity in Fort Lauderdale’s oceanfront backyard. Through its four pillars, “FAME,” The LOOP offers a variety of special events, activities, and unique local experiences for all, including free concerts, holiday happenings, farmer’s markets, community workouts, and more.