We’re putting 23 candles on the cake this year at award-winning Fort Lauderdale- and Aspen-based public relations and marketing agency Durée & Company!
In late 1999, our President & CEO Durée Ross opened the doors to her brand-new public relations agency Durée & Company. Fast forward 23 years, and that agency is going stronger than ever, with a stellar list of clients, new industry collaborations, long list of awards, two beautiful offices in Fort Lauderdale and Aspen, team of spectacular PR professionals and much more.
Leading the agency with a motto of “under-promising” and “over-delivering” ― a unique approach in today’s PR industry ― Durée takes pride in the acclaimed work that she and her team provide for clients every day.
As the Dynamos look forward to the next 23 years of helping clients achieve success, we’re taking a trip down memory lane and providing 23 fun facts about Durée & Company:
- Durée fell in love with public relations at age 19 during a fated college internship. Originally a double major in broadcast journalism and sociology at the University of Miami, she found her place in the world of PR. The rest is history!
- In 1999, D&Co was born! Since incorporating in 1999, the agency has created and implemented numerous inventive public relations and marketing campaigns.
- We kick off our weekly team meetings by sharing words of gratitude. At each meeting, it’s special to hear what our team is grateful for, and Durée finds it incredibly humbling to hear what people work so hard for.
- D&Co purchased its first office in Fort Lauderdale in 2013. Inspiration is drawn from the chic pink and chocolate brown branded décor. In 2015, almost two years to the day after our first office purchase, D&Co bought and remodeled the office next door and expanded with additional team members.
- Our Fort Lauderdale office was designed by nationally renowned interior designer Eloise Kubli at Collective Construction & Design, Inc. Eloise brought the D&Co brand into our spaces and matched it to our fashion sense while keeping it functional. Our office suite won an American Society of Interior Designers Florida South Chapter’s Design Excellence Awardsin 2013.
- We have a strong commitment to the community and nonprofits. Our motto is “Give back. Give to give; don’t give to get.” In 2018, D&Co was named an Outstanding Small Corporation Award honoree by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Broward–Fort Lauderdalechapter, as part of its National Philanthropy Day® Awards Luncheon. The program recognizes outstanding achievement by individuals, foundations and corporate philanthropists.
- When it comes to PR and marketing, a team approach is at the core of our business. Our team atmosphere provides inspiration, encourages positive communication and creates a common goal of delivering top-notch results.
- Durée is very active and engaged with the local community:
- She has been involved with South Florida Business Journal’s Bizwomen Mentoring Monday in Fort Lauderdale since its inception in 2014.
- She helped found the South Florida Business Journal Influential Business Women Group and continues to be a part of it.
- She was invited to be a member of the Kathleen Brush Program for Women in Leadership focus group at the Florida Atlantic University (FAU) College of Business, where she serves on the group’s future Women’s Advisory Board and as a mentor.
- She serves on the Advisory Board for lifestyle publication Fort Lauderdale Illustrated and is a published contributor to Forbes, the internationally acclaimed business magazine.
- She’s a member of the Broward Women’s Alliance, a Winterfest Boat Parade Advisory Board member, and is active in many other organizations.
- In 2016, Durée was named one of PR News’ Top Women in PR, a national award, and the only woman recognized from South Florida. Nationwide, only 82 women were selected as honorees.
- In 2018, D&Co joined the invitation-only Counselors Academy, Public Relations Society of America’s (PRSA) first Professional Interest Section, founded in 1960. This dynamic group of agency leaders concentrates on helping grow each other’s businesses and advance each other’s own professional skills and leadership abilities.
- Each team member at D&Co is personally selected based on his or her qualifications, experience, skills and ability to work seamlessly as a unit. Passion is a prerequisite. Without the desire to be great, it’s just a job we could have anywhere else.
- D&Co is a member of PR Boutiques International (PRBI), a global network of 40 independent public relations agencies across five continents, and Durée is an active Board Member.
- In 2019, D&Co expanded to open an office in Aspen, Colorado. Our longtime ties and growing client listin Aspen and around Colorado resulted in this exciting venture and expansion. At D&Co, we understand the Aspen lifestyle, community and its unique demographic as we are local market experts. We know how to navigate this market and create a winning strategy for clients. Our personal relationships with Aspen and Colorado-based media, influencers and community leaders have resulted in opportunities for clients that propel their businesses and put them in the spotlight.
- In 2020, D&Co added some green to its signature pink color with a cannabis, hemp & CBD focused microsite. The website allows our team to further connect with existing and potential hemp and cannabis clients, and showcase the PR and marketing services we tailor specifically for these markets.
- In 2020, D&Co received the national distinction of being named to PRNEWS’ 2020 Agency Elite Top 100 list. We were one of three South Florida agencies named to the list, and one of only three U.S. agencies specializing in cannabis, hemp & CBD PR.
- D&Co is a member of the Cannabis Marketing Association, an industry trade group that supports cannabis professionals and creative growth by providing career resources, education-based events and networking opportunities for those in the industry.
- In 2021, Durée launched the series Durée’s Deets. After having several people reach out to her for suggestions of things to see and do, she wanted to be a go-to resource for many.
- In 2021, D&Co announced its NeuroWellness practice and launched its microsite com, dedicated to the emerging psychedelics market.
- Durée is a leadership team member and D&Co is a corporate partner to CannabisLAB, formed to educate, connect and empower the people and resources necessary to drive the cannabis industry forward.
- In 2022, Durée was named one of the 13 most sought-after nationwide PR executives in luxury real estate by Business Insider.
- D&Co is a trusted partner to the Benzinga Capital Cannabis Conference, providing media outreach, social media content creation and e-blast promotion to generate buzz for the event. D&Co clients are speaking at both the cannabis and psychedelics conferences.
- D&Co is not a typical public relations and marketing firm, because we don’t treat our clients in a typical manner. We love them, and they love us back.
After 23 years in the business of delivering amazing results for our clients, we are stronger than ever. Contact us and see what sets us apart!
About Durée & Company
Founded in 1999, Durée & Company is a full-service, well-respected and highly creative public relations and marketing agency serving a diverse client base of local, national and international consumer brands, landmark industries, business leaders and philanthropists from its offices in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Aspen, Colorado. Practice areas include nonprofit, hospitality, business, lifestyle, health and wellness, legal, real estate, yacht and marine as well as cannabis, psychedelics, and other emerging industries. Durée & Company is a member of some of the nation’s most elite professional organizations including PR Boutiques International™ (PRBI), The Florida Hemp Council, The Cannabis Marketing Association and is a corporate partner of Cannabis LAB. To learn more, call 954-723-9350; go to dureeandcompany.com; cannabismarketingpr.com; or psychedelicpr.com. Join the social conversation and follow Durée & Company on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn at @DureeCoPR.