or bran If your business isn’t already active on the big three content platforms, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, you may be at an unfair advantage when it comes to communicating your businesses’ message with your audience. With 3.5 billion social media users active on a daily basis, according to Emarsys report from 2019, it’s vital for businesses to effectively utilize social media platforms and create meaningful content that resonates with their audience.
We’re sharing our 3 useful content platforms that you may not be using to boost your brand messaging.
LinkedIn is commonly referred to as the “professional Facebook,” but the platform offers a unique opportunity to engage with professionals and build a network of like-minded individuals. Not only is LinkedIn a great way to share the latest company news, but it is also home to a powerful publishing platform. LinkedIn is responsible for more than 80 percent of leads for B2B marketers, according to NeilPatel.
- Post on LinkedIn consistently. This may sound like common knowledge, however, many businesses often neglect to share content on LinkedIn if they feel the content is evergreen in comparison to new news. Publishing content on LinkedIn is a way to educate and engage with your network while also enhancing your business.
- Make sure your notifications are on. Do not disturb is a no go when using LinkedIn. “That notification — that reminder that you exist and that you’re creating valuable content — is a simple touchpoint in your relationships with those in your network, and it’s necessary for what I call “top-of-mind marketing,” says John Hall, the CEO of Influence & Co.
- Call to action. Even though LinkedIn is more professional, that doesn’t mean you need to limit the number of call to action posts you publish. You can still encourage your network to follow, subscribe and react to posts that resonate with them.
Around 84% of weekly users use Pinterest to decide what to buy. The platform has a predominantly female user base and is increasingly popular with young people. Pinterest is ideal if your target market fits these demographics. Sharing content accordingly will be spot on.
- Pin posts. This feature on Pinterest allows you to showcase the best your business has to offer. According to Hootsuite, pinning regularly ensures your content will reach a wider audience. It’s important to hyperlink pinned posts back to your website to increase traffic to your business. Be sure to add the pin button to your website to make your content shareable.
- Create boards to connect with Pinners. Boards are a unique way to display your company’s latest products and how-to’s. Later.com says, Pinterest often acts as an information resource for so many users preparing to make a purchase.
- Think like your audience. Business News Daily suggests, “while Pinterest is a social media platform, it has a powerful search function. Many people go on the site to look for something in particular.” Before you create your brand messaging on Pinterest, think about what key search terms and topics a potential customer may look for. This will help create relevant pins and posts that also relate back to your business.
Want to stay up to date on what’s trending? Reddit is the platform for you. According to dreamgrow, there are two types of posts on Reddit – links that simply direct users to an external site, and text posts which are hosted on Reddit.
- Connect with your niche group. Reddit is primarily user-generated content that gets exposure by its number of upvotes and downvotes. There are specific forums, also referred to as subreddits, that are dedicated to a specific topic/subject. These can range from technology and science to entertainment and more.
- Monitor subreddits. Subreddits are where users ask all kinds of questions. Businesses should monitor these topics to see if they can offer unique insight that could potentially form a new relationship or connection.
- Don’t be afraid to start a conversation. Communicate influencer says, “The benefit of Reddit is its ability to yield research results. Within your industry, get involved in discussions about a product or service, and ask why people think something works or doesn’t work.” It’s important for potential consumers to refer to a conversation thread when researching your business and deciding if it meets their needs. Being open and allowing your audience to interact with your business can have a direct influence on success.
Let us help
As PR professionals we strive to help amplify a business’s message by building meaningful relationships. By utilizing social media, businesses can create a direct way to interact with their audience and leverage the brand messaging available on content platforms. In turn, businesses can potentially capture the attention of existing and new audiences.
Although each content platform has their differences, they are all important to tap into in order to connect with a niche audience. If used effectively, they can help businesses gain exposure, while also leveraging the credibility of its products and services.
Need help with your social media or brand messaging? Give us a call! We’ll keep your business up to date on all things content-related!
About Durée & Company, Inc.
Durée & Company, Inc. is an award-winning, full-service public relations, marketing and special events firm founded in 1999. The firm has offices in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and Aspen, Colorado. Durée & Company serves the corporate, agency and nonprofit arenas for local, national and international clients. Services include public relations, social media, marketing, digital marketing, content development, advertising, special events, branding, radio promotions, affiliate marketing and more. Durée & Company clients include well-known names in yachting, business, real estate, hospitality, travel, cannabis and hemp, wellness and CBD, art and culture, fashion, nonprofit organizations, legal and professional services. Durée & Company is a member of PR Boutiques International™ (PRBI), an international network of boutique PR firms. To learn more, call 954-723-9350; go to dureeandcompany.com; or visit its new, specialized cannabis- and CBD-specific site at cannabismarketingpr.com. Join the social conversation and follow Durée & Company on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn at @DureeCoPR, or on YouTube at @DureeAndCompany.