Anticipating the rush for the romantic holiday full of candy hearts and red roses, brands compete to win the hearts of consumers for Valentine’s Day. According to the National Retail Federation, Americans are expected to spend a record amount of nearly $20 billion on the special holiday, a 6% increase from last year’s $19.6 billion, making Valentine’s Day the perfect time for businesses to have customers fall in love with their brand.
Consumers aren’t only buying gifts for their significant others anymore, but also for co-workers, family, friends and even pets! You don’t have to sell the traditional jewelry and flowers to participate in the holiday! So, from a brand standpoint, how do you stand out? At South Florida- and Aspen-based PR agency Durée & Company, we are providing 5 tips to make your brand stand out during the season of love.
- Provide a Special Promotion: Show the love to your customers by offering a limited time Valentine’s Day promotion. For example, if you are a restaurant, you can offer a special menu for two. The Balcony, a New Orleans-inspired restaurant in Fort Lauderdale, will be giving all ladies a free glass of champagne and a rose on February 14, and Lola Diner in Loveland, Colorado has added exclusive Red Velvet Heart-Shaped Pancakes throughout the month of February.
- Utilize Valentine’s Day Hashtags: One way people find content they enjoy is by searching with hashtags, which means your content has a better chance of being discovered. Using seasonal hashtags is a simple way to expand your reach and get your brand to the top of the discover page. #ValentinesDay is the most common, but other trending hashtags such as #GalentinesDay or #BeMine garner plenty of attention.
- Spread the Love: If you’re not offering a promotion or discount for the holiday, your business can still celebrate by spreading the love to your customers with special tips. For example, if you’re a beauty brand such as Steiger Facial Plastic Surgery, share tips on your social media or blog like a great skin care regime to prepare for a date night. If you’re a restaurant or food brand, share a recipe that a couple can create for a Valentine’s Date Night meal.
- Host a Social Media Contest or Giveaway: Social media contests and giveaways are a great way to engage with new and returning customers! Ask customers to submit their ideal date night, best love story or date night outfit and promote through your brand’s social media channels. You can gift your winner with a Valentine’s basket including a gift card and box of chocolates. Get creative with it!
- Find a Holiday Angle for Your Product: To get into the holiday spirit, identify ways that your brand’s products can be featured on your channels. For example, Veritas Farms, a “Farm to Table” brand that utilizes full spectrum hemp oil products, sells heart-shaped gummies made with organic ingredients and CBD isolate. Utilizing this heart-shaped angle would be perfect for social media or e-newsletters.
Love is in the air throughout the month of February. It’s the perfect time to step up your marketing efforts and bring brand awareness to new and returning customers. Put our 5 tips into practice and feel the love this Valentine’s Day!
About Durée & Company
Durée & Company, Inc. is an award-winning full-service public relations, marketing and special events firm with offices in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Aspen, Colorado. The firm serves the corporate, agency and non-profit arenas for local, national and international clients focusing on public relations for real estate, public relations for restaurants, public relations for law firms, public relations for charities, public relations for healthcare, and many more. Durée & Company services include Public Relations, Social Media, Marketing, Advertising, Special Events, and Radio Promotions and Outreach.