Growth is essential to any business’s long-term survival. Over our 19 years in business, we at South Florida PR agency Durée & Company have grown from being a one-woman operation to a team of seasoned PR professionals. We have expanded to purchase an award-winning 2,300-square-foot office space in Fort Lauderdale, and we have an office in Aspen, Colorado as well. Our client base has also significantly grown over the years.
So, what’s our secret to continued growth? There is no secret. Growing a business ― especially in the PR industry ― is not easy. In general, it takes hard work, perseverance, know-how and a slew of other attributes to make it happen.
To help others in the PR industry grow their business, we at Durée & Company are pleased to share 5 tips on growing a PR business, from what we’ve learned over nearly two decades in the industry:
- Strategize. Figure out your goals. Set SMART (specific, measureable, achievable, relevant and timely) goals, and decided whether they are realistic or not.
- Know the right angles to pitch media. Draft a release after identifying goals and marketing messages. You have to know who you’re talking to, and want they want to know. By doing this, you will gain the respect of the media, your clients and the public ― leading to word-of-mouth buzz about the great things you are doing.
- Post consistently on social media. The reach of any news story, blog, press release, or information about your agency is now enormous, and has a long life span, thanks to social media. Get your agency’s name and happenings out there consistently ― let the world know you’re there. And, show the world that you are bringing incredible success to your clients.
- Work with influencers. Social media influencers have a colossal social reach and ability to persuade others, because they have specific industry credibility. In PR, social media influencers are essential in creating buzz for select clients ― so develop strong relationships with them.
- Hire your #dreamteam. It may take time, but in the end, creating a #dreamteam that has passion for your clients, your work and your results will make your work much more enjoyable and have positive long-term effects. PR pros from different professional backgrounds in communications bring different valued skills to your agency, which result in lasting success.
Nothing stays the same, and that includes businesses. A plan for growth will help you navigate through the many changes that will most certainly affect your business now and in the future.
About Durée & Company
Durée & Company, Inc. is an award-winning full-service public relations, marketing and special events firm with offices in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Aspen, Colorado. The firm serves the corporate, agency and non-profit arenas for local, national and international clients focusing on public relations for real estate, public relations for restaurants, public relations for law firms, public relations for charities, public relations for healthcare, and many more. Durée & Company services include Public Relations, Social Media, Marketing, Advertising, Special Events, and Radio Promotions and Outreach.