Follow the lead(er)! It’s no secret that every business is fighting for attention online every day, amid a sea of social media posts. Does your social media strategy have what it takes to make your brand stand out and convert followers into customers? The end goal of publishing social media content is to increase sales for the company. It’s necessary to create exciting and eye-catching posts that potential customers want to engage with to increase your social media leads.
Our marketing and PR experts at Fort Lauderdale- and Aspen-based public relations agency Durée & Company can share with you how incorporating techniques such as profile optimization, social lead ads and social media targeting can increase the number of high-quality social media leads your company receives, as well as your overall social media engagement.
What is a social media lead, you ask? It is the process of receiving information from a potential customer that enables you to follow up with that person. A quality social media lead includes relevant contact information – such as names, email addresses or mailing addresses – and clear signs of interest in engaging with your business.
After you receive this information, nurture the lead by guiding the person through the customer experience. If you successfully nurture this relationship, you will convert the potential customer into a paying customer.
Here are our 6 tips for increasing the number of social media leads your company receives.
Prioritize your social media platforms based on performance.
- The best platform for generating social media leads is the one most frequently used by your audience. We recommend researching which social media platforms are the most relevant for your business based on rates of engagement and the tools that they offer.
- Generally speaking, Facebook is usually a great starting point. According to a study done by Social Media Today and SharpSpring, Facebook is the social media platform with the largest population with more than 24.5 billion users per month.
Optimize your social media profiles
The Dynamos are experts at creating eye-catching content that captures the audience’s attention. We do it for our clients, and now we’ll share some pointers with you.
- Ensure your company’s contact information is easily visible in your profile so customers can reach you via in-app messaging, phone, or email.
- Create call-to-action buttons to encourage followers to engage with your brand. For example, adding a “Call” or “Reserve” button to your Instagram profile will allow customers to easily reach a member of your company with a single click.
- Add a link to your website or Linktree in the bio section of all your social media platforms. Linktree is especially helpful if you would like to post multiple links on Instagram, because this platform only allows users to have one link in the profile section.
Create compelling content
Do you want to stand out? It is important to make appealing content that registers with followers. We suggest making clickable content to minimize the amount of effort required to visit your website or view your products. A great starting point is to set up your brand’s account in Facebook Commerce Manager. By doing this, you will be able to use the shop tools in both Facebook and Instagram.
Below are some examples related to specific platforms.
- Instagram stories: Use the swipe-up feature to link to product pages or your website homepage.
- Static Instagram posts: We highly recommend using Instagram shopping and tagging your products in the post. Instagram shopping brings your storefront directly to your followers for seamless in-app purchasing. By using this tool, your products will also be visible on the Explore page.
- Pinterest Shopping: Many people use this platform as a digital catalog for home and design projects, fashion, recipes and more. In fact, 93 percent of Pinterest users said they use this platform to plan purchases according to a study by Millard Brown. This feature allows brands to tag specific products and include backlinks directly to a website. This enables users to purchase items directly from the pinned images.
Utilize social media lead ads to reach more users
Social media lead ads are a great way to supplement your organic outreach efforts and increase overall sales for your company.
- Facebook ads: Leads collected by Facebook lead ads can be synched straight to your customer management system. Essentially, Facebook ads boost your posts and share them with a larger number of users. You can specify which users you would like the ads to reach by choosing certain profile characteristics. Make sure to install Facebook Pixel on your website. This tool makes the process of tracking leads and estimating the cost of ads seamless.
- Instagram ads: This is the easiest way to increase your number of followers on the platform. These ads are designed to help marketers collect user information such as job titles, phone numbers and email addresses.
- LinkedIn ads: LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms are made to specifically increase lead generation. These ads, which target users through messages and InMail, come off as a more personalized message rather than a generic ad.
- YouTube ads: Designed to help advertisers drive a specific action, YouTube ads have obvious call-to action buttons that appear at the bottom of the video screen. The buttons can be linked directly to your company website or product page.
Offer followers valuable and enticing incentives
In order for followers to engage with your brand, you need to create exciting, interesting and personalized content to catch their attention. According to a study by Ascend2, 60 percent of companies identified their No. 1 marketing objective as improving the personalization of marketing efforts.
- Contests: Social media contests are extremely beneficial for gaining new followers and increasing social media leads. When potential customers enter social media contests, they are often asked to share their email address, follow certain social media accounts, and provide other contact information. Use this information to target these potential customers in the future. Partnering with a relevant influencer or brand partner is a great way to increase the reach of the contest. This will increase the overall engagement for your brand.
- Discount codes: Another great way to get lead information is to offer a discount code in exchange for a potential customer’s email address. This increases the chance that people will revisit your website.
- Gated content: To create enticing content for your followers, you also can promote gated content such as private Facebook groups or invite-only webinars or events. We also recommend offering free e-books and asking people to submit their email address in order to receive them. Then, you can add them to your list for your e-newsletter.
Use Google Analytics to analyze ad data
Our final tip for optimizing your social media leads is to frequently measure and refine your social media strategy. Measuring the return on investment of social media campaigns is the most frequently reported challenge, according to a study by Sprout Social.
- Make specific goals in Google Analytics. By incorporating this technique, your team will easily be able to see which leads are coming from which specific social media platforms. Next, analyze this data and see if you should prioritize certain platforms over others based on the reported metrics. For example, if 80 percent of leads are from Instagram, perhaps you should focus more on the content you are sharing on Instagram and less on that of other platforms that are not bringing in as many leads.
- Use Google Analytics to understand what type of content is performing best on the various platforms. For example, the program can tell you which types of images receive the most clicks, or interaction.
And there you have it! Increasing the amount of social media leads your company receives can be simple if you use the correct methods. If you are interested in learning more, contact our team of marketing and public relations professionals at Durée & Company.
About Durée & Company, Inc.
Durée & Company, Inc. is an award-winning, full-service public relations, marketing and special events firm founded in 1999. The firm has offices in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and Aspen, Colorado. Durée & Company serves the corporate, agency and nonprofit arenas for local, national and international clients. Services include public relations, social media, marketing, digital marketing, content development, advertising, special events, branding, radio promotions, affiliate marketing and more. Durée & Company clients include well-known names in yachting, business, real estate, hospitality, travel, cannabis and hemp, wellness and CBD, art and culture, fashion, nonprofit organizations, legal and professional services. Durée & Company is a member of PR Boutiques International™ (PRBI), an international network of boutique PR firms. To learn more, call 954-723-9350; go to dureeandcompany.com; or visit its new, specialized cannabis- and CBD-specific site at cannabismarketingpr.com. Join the social conversation and follow Durée & Company on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn at @DureeCoPR, or on YouTube at @DureeAndCompany.