For franchise businesses, public relations can bring a unified approach to brand awareness and visibility. It can also help streamline communication efforts often spread across a layered network of franchisees. Moreover, media relations can create authority and help shape a company’s perception through an effective communications strategy that harnesses the collective strengths of the franchisees. At Aspen- and Fort Lauderdale-based public relations agency Durée & Company, we have over 20 years of experience promoting top franchise businesses across a number of industries. We understand that individual franchisees are part of a brand’s ecosystem and together they impact a company’s reputation, market share, and overall performance.
According to Franchise Direct, publisher of the 2022 Top 100 Franchises Report, franchise businesses employ about eight million Americans directly. As the number of franchise businesses in the U.S. continues to grow, this business model offers entrepreneurship, autonomy and business ownership that many are seeking. Franchises have historically been great career paths for veterans, minorities and those entering encore careers, but they are also appealing to individuals looking for fulfilling careers on their own terms, including millennials and Generation Z.
Below, we’ve compiled a list of six ways public relations can elevate franchise brands.
- Awareness – PR can help gain national brand awareness, local market development, new location promotion, and even assist with crisis communications. It can tie together news and happenings from individual franchisees into bigger, national opportunities for a brand.
- Partnerships – Whether with influencers, nonprofits, industry associations or like-minded brands, public relations can help make connections on a broader scale that can resonate across a franchise network. PR tactics can help expand upon success in one market and scale the initiative for greater visibility across the company.
- Authority – Media relations can enhance a franchise’s authority through press and earned media opportunities, speaking engagements, industry panels and important discussions. The right public relations firm can also place a franchise business in the news with bylined, expert articles; and make them available as a source ready to serve as respected leaders in the industry.
- Best Practices – Because many franchise businesses can differ from state to state or region to region, PR can implement best practices from one location/region to another. The right strategy can help overcome challenges or communication roadblocks and can introduce a new brand, concept or service through education and awareness. Plus, it can bring to light the successes in one market and transfer them to another.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) – Community giveback continues to play an increasingly important role in business and an experienced public relations firm can help strategize local, regional or national opportunities, which can lead to positive sentiment, increased audience engagement and stronger relationships with the community.
- Awards & Recognition – A savvy media relations push can get a franchise business’s name in the game for industry awards. Whether it’s an industry, category, or brand leadership award, there are many opportunities to gain more credibility by increasing accolades and recognition among peers. Awards can also be merchandised through a number of communication channels, ultimately bringing more exposure to a company.
A PR partnership pays dividends in the long run. For franchise businesses interested in working with a firm that specializes in franchise marketing and communications, it’s critical that they make the investment in seeking out the best partner to help them reach their goals.
Our experienced PR agency can present a successful public relations strategy for franchise businesses. Call us at our Fort Lauderdale office at 954.723.9350 or Aspen office at 970.452.2195 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Durée & Company, Inc.
Durée & Company, Inc. is an award-winning, full-service public relations, marketing and special events firm founded in 1999. The firm has offices in Fort Lauderdale Florida, and Aspen, Colorado. Durée & Company serves the corporate, agency and nonprofit practice areas for local, national, and international clients. Services include public relations, social media, marketing, content development, advertising, special events, branding, radio promotions and more. Durée & Company clients include well-known names in business, fashion, hospitality, travel, health and wellness, cannabis and hemp, psychedelics, technology and cryptocurrency, marine and yacht, art and culture, nonprofit organizations, legal and professional services and real estate. Durée & Company is a member of PR Boutiques International™ (PRBI), an international network of boutique PR firms. To learn more, call 954-723-9350; go to dureeandcompany.com; cannabismarketingpr.com; or psychedelicpr.com. Join the social conversation and follow Durée & Company on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn at @DureeCoPR.