A company website is just a website, until it catches someone’s interest. At that point, it has achieved its goal of getting the viewer to dig deeper and find out more about the company. But how does one create and manage a website that makes an impact?
Over the 20 years we have been in business, we at Aspen and Fort Lauderdale PR agency Durée & Company have developed expertise in designing and managing websites. To help companies make their website shine, the D&Co dynamos have comprised a list of 7 easy inclusions to improve a company’s website:
- Implement SEO: Today, it’s an absolute must for brands to use online presence to grow their influence. Search engine optimization (SEO) improves a website’s overall search ability and visibility, among having many other benefits such as gaining trust and credibility from viewers.
- Blog: Having a company blog still matters. Blogs allow companies to create shareable content that points to them as the authoritative voice in their industry, while improving SEO to bring in more customers. Blogging can be integrated into a brand’s existing content strategy, generate leads to a website and support offline marketing efforts. Blog posts should have a regular schedule, whether it’s once a week, once every other week or once a month.
- Create team pages: People want to know, like and trust the team members of a company before they decide to work with that company. At Durée & Company, we let our website visitors know who’s behind the scenes at our agency, and what our culture is all about.
- Make it mobile-friendly: According to Forbes, Google penalizes websites for not being mobile-friendly. Companies with an old website design that is not responsive nor mobile-friendly will not have a high Google ranking. In fact, companies could lose anywhere from 5–30% of leads based on this factor alone. It’s crucial that a company’s website is mobile-friendly and easy to navigate.
- Include social share and follow buttons: If a company’s website lacks social share buttons, it could be missing out on a great amount of social media traffic. At Durée & Company, we encourage clients to link back to their website as much as possible on all social media posts. These buttons act as a non-pushy tool that encourages social sharing, gaining likes/followers, etc.
- Showcase services and clients: Durée & Company serves a multitude of industries from restaurants and hospitality, legal, business, health care, real estate, tourism, non-profit and more. On our website, we showcase these markets and give specifics on how we excel at each, as well as highlight varied clients, experiences and combined expertise.
- Monitor Google Analytics and bounce rate: A website’s bounce rate is a metric that tracks the percentage of people who land on a page within a site, and then leave without clicking anywhere else. Typically, a high bounce rate indicates that the user didn’t find what they were looking for, or the site wasn’t user-friendly. Companies can decrease their bounce rate by choosing the right keywords, writing attractive content, incorporating properly organized and user-friendly navigation, and much more.
Need assistance with designing or managing your website, and keeping it current? The D&Co dynamo team includes professional designers, programmers, marketers and writers, all of whom will work closely with you to ensure your website builds your business and wows your visitors. Contact us today.
About Durée & Company
Durée & Company, Inc. is an award-winning full-service public relations, marketing and special events firm with offices in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Aspen, Colorado. The firm serves the corporate, agency and non-profit arenas for local, national and international clients focusing on public relations for real estate, public relations for restaurants, public relations for law firms, public relations for charities, public relations for healthcare, and many more. Durée & Company services include Public Relations, Social Media, Marketing, Advertising, Special Events, and Radio Promotions and Outreach.