When listing Rising Tide Car Wash’s triumphs and successes, it’s hard to believe this unique business only opened in 2013. The Parkland, Florida-based pioneering social enterprise, which helps young adults with autism build a career and achieve an independent lifestyle, is celebrating its second anniversary on April 6, 2015.
At South Florida PR firm Durée & Company, we have been representing the Rising Tide Car Wash team since the first window was shined on opening day. We are honored to have seen highlight after highlight and congratulate Rising Tide Car Wash and the D’Eri family, founders of the business, on reaching this milestone this month, which is also Autism Awareness Month. We are also extremely thrilled that on April 2, 2015, Tom D’Eri will speak at the United Nations’ World Autism Awareness Day event “Employment: The Autism Advantage.”
Just a few of Rising Tide’s successes over the past two years are:
- On April 21, 2014, Rising Tide was featured on the national evening television news program, NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams. Emmy® award-winning international journalist Harry Smith visited Rising Tide to create the segment, which showcased how Rising Tide is empowering young adults with autism.
- In June 2014, Rising Tide was featured on MSNBC’s “Your Business this Sunday” and was also featured on Fox Business’ “Making Money.”
- Since opening, Rising Tide has almost tripled its customer base, and built an “Unlimited Wash Club” membership of approximately 1,000 people.
- Rising Tide is featured in “Sounding the Alarm,” a Blockburger Productions documentary which provides a poignant look inside the lives of those touched by autism.
- On April 6, 2014, Rising Tide was awarded with the 2014 Miami Walk Now for Autism Speaks’ first-ever Autism Awareness Award.
- Chosen from over 240 applying companies worldwide as one of 13 carefully vetted ventures, Rising Tide was selected to attend Unreasonable Institute Global, one of the most prestigious social impact accelerator programs in the world, in summer 2014.
- In November 2014, co-founder and COO Tom D’Eri was named one of Miami Herald’s top 20 Under 40 Emerging South Florida’s leaders. Tom was the youngest person honored.
- Rising Tide is featured in a recent NationSwell documentary, which now has become a viral sensation with 3 million combined views on Facebook and YouTube.
Far more than a car wash, Rising Tide is changing lives and changing perceptions of the capabilities that people with autism have across the nation. If you’re in the Parkland area, be sure to see for yourself the impact that Rising Tide is having on the lives of young adults with autism, and get a top-notch car wash as well.