Applying for business awards, whether it’s in real estate, health care, law, or any other industry, is an important part of any organization’s public relations strategy. Not only is it an honor to be recognized by peers, but it’s also a smart way to boost credibility and increase brand authority.
Whether you are part of a large, multi-faceted organization or a boutique-style small firm, there are award opportunities for every type of business. With the help of seasoned professionals who understand the ins and outs of business award nominations, such as at Fort Lauderdale and Aspen-based public relations agency Durée & Company, you can submit nominations that will get you noticed.
After years of crafting winning award nominations, we at Durée & Company have compiled the top six reasons why business awards are worth pursuing:
- Increased credibility for your company: A major benefit of winning business awards is the increased brand authority you will garner. Building a strong reputation is what keeps your customers coming back.
- Part of a stellar PR strategy: Issuing a press release about an award win is an opportunity to position your company as a mover and shaker in the industry. For brands and PR teams, awards are more than trophies. They’re valuable opportunities to gain recognition for outstanding work, and they bring positive attention to your brand.
- Increased visibility and SEO value: Winning awards can help boost a company’s overall profile to consumers. Plus, a business can gain more attention from suppliers, vendors, and investors — many of whom survey articles and award ceremonies for potential business partners.
- Attracting talent: Business awards validate your hiring stature among recruits. By pitching yourself as the best, you can attract the team members you need to push your business forward. Increased employee morale will also appeal to and retain new recruits.
- Improve employee morale: When a brand receives a prestigious award, everyone on the team feels good about it. Employees appreciate being recognized for their hard work.
- Benchmarking: The application process for entering a business award can often force a brand to look at the business from a different perspective and compare it to its competitors. Establishing yourself as the market leader through the social proof of business awards makes you more competitive. It can be a unique selling point that your competitors simply can’t match, setting you apart from the rest of the market and increasing your profitability. This is important to evaluate and see in what areas you may need to shift gears.
How do you apply for business awards? Award entry submissions can be a long process, but a checklist like the below one can help:
- Research awards suitable for the brand.
- Evaluate competitors to see what they have won.
- Assemble the required documentation: bios, headshots, community involvement, brand backstory, etc.
- Plan and create a storyboard for a brand’s submission, and ensure all details are included and answered.
- Highlight the brand’s selling points and key differentiators.
- Make note of important deadlines.
- After you win, leverage the award with a press release, social media post, adding to the brand’s website, and more.
Are you interested in applying for a business award? It’s a win-win when you work with a PR firm like Durée & Company, which has helped multiple clients win prestigious awards. We’ve even won many awards ourselves. Contact us today!
About Durée & Company
Durée & Company, Inc. is an award-winning, full-service public relations, marketing and special events firm founded in 1999. The firm has offices in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and Aspen, Colorado. Durée & Company serves the corporate, agency and nonprofit practice areas for local, national, and international clients. Services include public relations, social media, marketing, content development, advertising, special events, branding, radio promotions and more. Durée & Company clients include well-known names in business, fashion, hospitality, travel, health and wellness, cannabis and hemp, psychedelics, technology and cryptocurrency, marine and yacht, art and culture, nonprofit organizations, legal and professional services and real estate. Durée & Company is a member of PR Boutiques International™ (PRBI), an international network of boutique PR firms. To learn more, call 954-723-9350; go to dureeandcompany.com; cannabismarketingpr.com; or psychedelicpr.com. Join the social conversation and follow Durée & Company on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn at @DureeCoPR.