While PR agency Durée & Company is based in the tropical sunshine of South Florida, it also has made a second home for itself in the tony mountain town of Aspen, Colorado. Our satellite office resides within the beauty of this delightful Colorado paradise, and we’re pleased to work with clients in the area.
Because many people escape the South Florida heat and head to Aspen in the summer, we see many of our clients and friends there. We do business with these folks while in our summer mountain haven!
Our clients in Aspen include some of our real estate developer clients and friends, such as Gary Feldman Group team members. Realtor® Gary Feldman has 33 years of experience selling Aspen’s finest luxury properties.
Although Aspen is known for its incredible skiing, summer is a wonderful time to visit Aspen. In fact, it’s Durée & Company President and Founder Durée Ross’ favorite season there! There are many, many options for recreation, relaxation, culture and more.
What are some of Durée’s favorite things to do in Aspen in the summertime? Check it out:
- Taking a leisurely bicycle ride to the famous Woody Creek Tavern. The walls are covered with several hundred photos, stapled over other photos and much more. Those would like to take a place on the wall just ask their server to take their picture.
- Hiking up the breathtaking Aspen Mountain (Durée does her best brainstorming while hiking), taking the gondola down and grabbing a cookie from Paradise Bakery, which has been famous for its cookies since 1976.
- A few more dining favorites: The Little Nell’s Ajax Tavern, for lobster rolls and their famous truffle fries; and Matsuhisa, which Durée says is hands-down the best sushi in the world, by famous chef, Nobu Matsuhisa. Other restaurant hot spots are Jimmy’s and Jimmy’s Bodega (two different restaurants/locations), which serve amazing crab cakes and seafood at both locations, and steaks (just at Jimmy’s).
- Relaxing in the Hotel Jerome’s J Bar. This old-time, historic watering hole is a great place for happy hour, and Durée has run into numerous clients — local Aspen and even from South Florida — in this bar.
- Visiting Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop MRKT, a brick-and-mortar shop for the pop-up (just for this summer) lifestyle brand with its roots in wellness, travel, food, beauty, style, and work. Customers can even go for a test drive of the 2018 XT5 Crossover and the 2018 CT6 Sedan, both made by Cadillac.
- Additional favorite shopping spots are Amen Wardy, a high-end shop featured in Travel + Leisure magazine, for housewares and fun gifts. Kemo Sabe, where Durée purchased her first real cowgirl hat, has the coolest cowboy hats, boots, jewelry and more. It just moved to its new location.
- Taking the kids to the Aspen Dancing Fountain. Durée and her family have spent countless hours at this popular site for kids of all ages.
- As for events, the Aspen Ideas Festival, took place from June 21–30 in 2018, is the nation’s premier, public gathering place for leaders from around the world and across many disciplines to engage in deep discussion about the ideas and issues that shape our lives and challenge our times. The Aspen Music Festival is known as one of the top classical music festivals in the U.S., both for its concert programming and its musical training of mostly young-adult music students. Throughout the summer, you can stroll the town and hear students playing outside.
- Last but certainly not least, Durée LOVES seeing concerts and comedy shows at the extremely intimate Belly Up. Durée has seen Lauryn Hill, Leanne Rimes, The Go-Gos, and many other incredible acts. She is seeing Chris Isaak there in July.
Sure, Aspen is amazing for skiing. But check it out for its amazing summertime experiences! Call us at Durée & Company at (954) 723-9350, or email us at email@example.com for more info about Aspen.
About Durée & Company
Durée & Company, Inc. is an award-winning full-service public relations, marketing and special events firm with offices in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Aspen, Colorado. The firm serves the corporate, agency and non-profit arenas for local, national and international clients focusing on public relations for real estate, public relations for restaurants, public relations for law firms, public relations for charities, public relations for healthcare, and many more. Durée & Company services include Public Relations, Social Media, Marketing, Advertising, Special Events, and Radio Promotions and Outreach.