Our team at Fort Lauderdale and Aspen-based public relations and marketing agency Durée & Company is always up to date on new and emerging trends. With more than 20 years of experience, we know branding is no exception. So what do we predict for the branding trends of 2021?
Strong branding will help a business stand out against competition and be remembered by consumers. With the proper branding guidelines, you can ensure your marketing and media relations efforts will be consistent and effective.
In 2021, we expect to see a continued shift towards curating a human connection between the brand and the consumer. The personalized side of branding has never been more relevant. These relationships are changing from transactional to emotional as many long for a personal connection after a year of social distancing.
Put a Face to the Name.
In a world turned digital, it’s more important than ever to associate your brand with the people behind it. More and more companies are putting their leaders front and center in marketing materials and media relations strategies. They aim to represent and personify the core values of the company through their faces.
- As faces help to humanize a brand, we recommend identifying key spokespeople to represent your company. Use various formats such as video clips, helpful tips from the CEO, etc.
- Always make sure that your key messaging stays consistent, even if your brand has multiple spokespeople. Each person may offer their own spin on the messaging. It is important, however, to make sure everyone relays the same overall messaging about the brand.
- Share genuine stories. Think: the origin of the company, certain customers whose lives have been positively impacted by your products, services or corporate social responsibility efforts. For example, client Susie Levan donated the proceeds from the sales of her book “Getting to Forgiveness — What a Near-Death Experience Can Teach Us About Loss, Resilience and Love” to nonprofit organizations throughout South Florida. This generous series of donations tied back into the mission of her book, to empower others to live their best lives.
Don’t Be Afraid to Visually Stand Out!
It’s important to catch the attention of consumers by creating content that is concise, clear and eye-catching. Content should be consistent across all platforms and in “snackable” formats that are easy for viewers to understand. Animation is also on the rise, and a great tool to use to foster engagement for your brand.
- When it comes to incorporating the color scheme into your social media graphics, create templates that utilize your brand’s color palette and signature fonts. It is important to keep your company’s website and social media content consistent with your overall branding concept.
- Classic font styles, such as serif are making a comeback and are expected to be a large trend for 2021. These classic fonts evoke nostalgia and familiarity, which is why they have regained popularity.
- Only use hashtags that are relevant to your brand. For consistency, it’s important to create a list of signature hashtags to be used in every post.
- Brand logos are a vital component of a company’s identity. Motion logos are the perfect way to capture the user’s attention. For example, Durée & Company chose a blinking animated logo for its cannabis-focused website.
- Incorporate animated banners or graphics into e-newsletters to catch the attention of consumers. These newsletters are integral to a successful branding strategy. And they’re a great platform to promote your brand’s campaigns and specials to keep your audience up to date with the latest changes and updates from your company.
- Keep viewers entertained as they browse your social feeds by implementing a beautiful aesthetic. Client Alta Vista Resources showcases weekly motivational posts, biweekly blogs and tips, and features small businesses you must see around Key West. The social media posts all have a cohesive, tropical look and feel which make you want to head on over to paradise.
Create an Experience.
Branding is more than just your logo and website. Customers expect companies to go the extra mile and take them on a journey through the entire process of opening a package to using the product.
- Give consumers something to look forward to such as weekly blog posts.
- Client Toast Vodka, for example, hosted an Instagram live cocktail recipe demonstration with POPSUGAR Home in celebration of National Vodka Day. This partnership allowed Toast Vodka to create a unique experience for its followers and to also reach a new audience, resulting in an increase of followers.
- Some additional suggestions for curating a one-of-a-kind experience for your brand are:
- Conduct an Instagram or Facebook live panel discussion to share industry trends and timely topics.
- Create personal touchpoints – for example, our client Pure Craft CBD includes a handwritten note with each order.
- Organize giveaway contests on your social media channels as a way to interest your current audience and gain new followers.
The most important part of branding is creating guidelines that are sustainable and consistent for your company. Branding affects everything from the way consumers visually perceive your brand to how you correspond with clients.
If you’re interested in learning more about how to utilize these 2021 branding trends, contact our team of seasoned professionals at Durée & Company.
About Durée & Company, Inc.
Durée & Company, Inc. is an award-winning, full-service public relations, marketing and special events firm founded in 1999. The firm has offices in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and Aspen, Colorado. Durée & Company serves the corporate, agency and nonprofit arenas for local, national and international clients. Services include public relations, social media, marketing, digital marketing, content development, advertising, special events, branding, radio promotions, affiliate marketing and more. Durée & Company clients include well-known names in yachting, business, real estate, hospitality, travel, cannabis and hemp, wellness and CBD, art and culture, fashion, nonprofit organizations, legal and professional services. Durée & Company is a member of PR Boutiques International™ (PRBI), an international network of boutique PR firms. To learn more, call 954-723-9350; go to dureeandcompany.com; or visit its new, specialized cannabis- and CBD-specific site at cannabismarketingpr.com. Join the social conversation and follow Durée & Company on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn at @DureeCoPR.