In the world of social media, keeping your brand’s content fresh and engaging can be challenging. Users are constantly looking for new, exciting posts and it’s easy to fall behind the evolving trends. To avoid this, it is best to have multiple content ideas to pull from at all times.
At Fort Lauderdale and Aspen-based public relations and marketing agency Durée & Company, we know that social media strategy is a key element of building a brand’s presence. An effective social media strategy allows for a more intimate connection with your target audience. In turn, this allows you to respond directly to their needs and desires.
If you’re looking to bring your brand’s social media profiles to the next level, try these five ideas to develop relevant content and enhance follower engagement.
Create a series.
- Start a daily, weekly or monthly series to establish an opportunity to interact with your followers regularly. By providing relevant information at a consistent time, your audience will build a habit of seeing specific posts from your brand. A series can range from sharing weekly blog posts to monthly Q&A sessions. Think about your audience and what content they would be most interested to see and look forward to on a reoccurring basis.
Run a contest or giveaway.
- Social media contests can grow your following, generate brand awareness and jumpstart audience engagement. According to data from Tailwind, 91 percent of Instagram posts with more than 1,000 likes or comments are related to a contest. Additionally, accounts that run contests on a regular basis are noted to grow 70 percent faster than those that don’t. Think about running contests in conjunction with big news from your brand – a new website launch, product launch or reaching a new number of followers – use it as a way to celebrate with your audience! Make sure to keep your budget in mind. Clearly outline contest rules and regulations and choose the best channel for participation.
Share behind-the-scenes looks or tips & tricks.
- People follow your page for a reason. Show your followers content they wouldn’t normally see by giving a behind-the-scenes look at your office, events and employees. People will relate and connect to the day-to-day of your company culture. Furthermore, sharing secret tips and tricks is a great way to connect with your audience. Everybody enjoys learning a good hack! Consider using TikTok or Instagram Stories to share snackable content quickly. Plus, this ensures the information is easily consumed by your audience.
Use relevant hashtags.
- Utilizing hashtags is a strategic way to improve brand visibility. Do some research to find the most relevant and effective hashtags that will target your intended audience. The more specific the hashtag is, the more relevant your audience will be. Switch up your hashtags to not only fit your brand but also the post itself. This will boost your brand’s visibility in channels it otherwise may not be seen. Furthermore, take advantage of the many hashtag holidays that are consistently trending. Do not underestimate the power of hashtags, they can lead to increased visibility and higher engagement rates.
Analyze content performance.
- To better understand your audience, research what content is resonating with them the most. Take some time each month to review your content performance and identify which posts receive the most engagement. If your brand utilizes a social media management platform, such asSprout Social, you will have direct access to performance metrics. Once analyzed, you can adjust your content strategy accordingly to maximize performance.
When planning the next social media strategy and content calendar for your company, keep these ideas in mind to freshen up your content and better connect with your audience. At Durée & Company, we evaluate your company’s social media needs to provide an enormously impactful social media presence. Contact us today to find out more.
About Durée & Company, Inc.
Durée & Company, Inc. is an award-winning, full-service public relations, marketing and special events firm founded in 1999. The firm has offices in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and Aspen, Colorado. Durée & Company serves the corporate, agency and nonprofit arenas for local, national and international clients. Services include public relations, social media, marketing, digital marketing, content development, advertising, special events, branding, radio promotions, affiliate marketing and more. Durée & Company clients include well-known names in yachting, business, real estate, hospitality, travel, cannabis and hemp, wellness and CBD, art and culture, fashion, nonprofit organizations, legal and professional services. Durée & Company is a member of PR Boutiques International™ (PRBI), an international network of boutique PR firms. To learn more, call 954-723-9350; go to dureeandcompany.com; or visit its new, specialized cannabis- and CBD-specific site at cannabismarketingpr.com. Join the social conversation and follow Durée & Company on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn at @DureeCoPR.