On Nov. 12, the public relations firm of Durée & Company will join a proud list of sponsors, who are joining together to celebrate some of the most selfless and generous people in South Florida – including one we know personally.
At the 27th Annual National Philanthropy Day® Awards presented by Signature Grand, the Fort Lauderdale/Broward Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) will recognize its 2014 honorees – individuals and organizations helping the less fortunate and most vulnerable segments of our community. This is the third year that Durée & Company has donated our media relations and PR services to promote the event.
The 27th Annual National Philanthropy Day® Awards pays tribute to the great contributions that philanthropy – and those people active in the philanthropic community – have made to our lives and our community in Broward County. Our team will take a seat among more than 500 nonprofit leaders, board members and philanthropists, as we honor the following local “heroes:”
- Outstanding Philanthropist: Francie Bishop Good – Nominated by NSU Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale
- Outstanding Large Corporation: ADT – Nominated by SOS Children’s Villages – Florida
- Outstanding Small Corporation: Orange Bowl Committee – Nominated by Junior Achievement of South Florida
- Outstanding Foundation: The Salah Foundation – Nominated by Broward Health Foundation
- Outstanding Organization: Coral Springs Community Chest – Nominated by Impact Broward
- Outstanding Fundraising Professional: Jennifer Stewart, CFRE – Nominated by Children’s Harbor
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser: Heather Geronemus – Nominated by Walk Like MADD & MADD Dash Fort Lauderdale 5K
- Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy: Robert Calhoun – Nominated by Westminster Academy and South Florida Wildlife Center
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Mary Riedel– Nominated by Signature Grand
The PR team at Durée & Company wants to extend an extra warm and friendly hug to Heather Geronemus, whom we have worked with closely, promoting her work with Walk Like MADD & MADD Dash Fort Lauderdale 5K. Heather’s energy, dedication and tireless efforts to stop drunk driving, support the victims of this violent crime and prevent underage drinking inspire us all. We can’t wait to cheer for her – and all of the honorees – at the 27th Annual National Philanthropy Day® Awards. Congratulations!