Today we will proudly join some of the most selfless and generous people in South Florida for a program that always inspires us to do more.
At the 26th Annual National Philanthropy Day® Awards presented by the Signature Grand, the Fort Lauderdale/Broward Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) will recognize their 2013 honorees – individuals and organizations that are helping the less fortunate and most vulnerable segments of our community. This is the second year that Durée & Company has donated our media relations and PR services to promote the event.
AFP has been extremely appreciative of our efforts, which we are thrilled to say have raised its profile among the media and also inspired the South Florida Business Journal and Sun Sentinel Society Scene to provide great coverage to this much-deserved event.
The 26th Annual National Philanthropy Day® Awards pays tribute to the great contributions that philanthropy – and those people active in the philanthropic community – have made to our lives and our community in Broward County. We will be among more than 500 nonprofit leaders, board members and philanthropists as the following local heroes are honored:
- Outstanding Philanthropists – Louis and May Jean Wolff, nominated by Broward College Office of Advancement for their philanthropic leadership
- Outstanding Corporation – Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (RCCL) nominated by Children’s Harbor Inc. for its approach and philosophy to philanthropy and charitable support
- Outstanding Foundation – Sun Sentinel Children’s Fund nominated by Sun Sentinel for its outstanding impact
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser –Glen Weinzimer, nominated by Children’s Diagnostic and Treatment Center for his exceptional leadership skills in coordinating donors and volunteers for a major fundraising project
- Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy – Christopher George, Jr. (CJ) nominated by the Florida Panthers Foundation for his outstanding commitment to the community as a youth under the age of 21
- Outstanding Fundraising Professional – Debbie Levine, CFRE nominated by SOS Children’s Villages – Florida for her fundraising accomplishments and commitment of advancing ethical fundraising and the fundraising profession
- Lifetime Achievement–Rose Miniaci, nominated by the Community Foundation and Broward Performing Arts Foundation for her lifetime of philanthropy
We are also honored – honored to be part of this wonderful occasion. We hope to see you there.