Every year during the month of September, Durée & Company longtime client Feeding South Florida® takes part in Feeding America®’s nationwide initiative, Hunger Action Month, to raise awareness and encourage South Floridians to get involved in hunger relief efforts. We are proud to support Feeding South Florida and Hunger Action Month, as every day 784,110 individuals in South Florida are in need of food assistance, including 264,280 children. Many will question where their next meal will come from, and that’s where the power of PR comes into play. Through a number of strategic events and promotions, there are opportunities for all to become involved.
You can join us in the fight against hunger with any of these events:
- Food Bank Brews: Wednesday, August 31, at 6:00 p.m. Feeding South Florida is kicking-off Hunger Action Month at Concrete Beach Brewery (325 NW 24th St, Miami, FL 33127) in Wynwood. Stop by and get your first drink for $2 when you bring a non-perishable food item. There will also be a raffle with proceeds benefitting Feeding South Florida.
- Hunger Action Day/National Go Orange! Day: On September 8, everyone is encouraged to wear orange, go orange digitally, or “do anything” orange. You can count on D&Co to sport our orange accessories and share a photo on social media! If you don’t have anything orange you can pre-order Feeding South Florida’s Hunger Action Month shirts available at feedingsouthflorida.org.
- 24-Hour Sort-a-Thon: On Friday, September 9, there will be a Sort-a-Thon at the main warehouse beginning at 1 p.m. and it will run through Saturday, September 10, ending at 1 p.m. To register click here. Be sure to register before September 7!
- Mustache Monday: Time to get silly! Help raise awareness by taking a picture of yourself in an orange mustache and tagging Feeding South Florida on social media. Don’t forget to use the hashtags #FSFgoesorange #MustacheMonday and #HungerActionMonth.
- Hyde Beach presents Taste: Celebrity Chef Edition: This event is a celebrity chef-driven culinary experience with some of the culinary world’s hottest names. Guests will participate in a tasting unlike any other as Hyde Beach and SLS South Beach transform their cabanas into restaurant pop-ups with a unique after party. The event takes place on Thursday, September 22, from 8-11 p.m. For more information click here.
- Outrun Hunger Palm Beach County 5K: On Saturday, September 24 walk or run to raise funds to help end hunger in Palm Beach County and raise awareness of the issue of food insecurity. The event begins at 7:30 a.m. at Okeeheelee Park, 7715 Forest Hill Blvd., West Palm Beach, FL 33413. Register here.
- Cocktails for Humanity: This event on Saturday, September 24, from 6–11 p.m. will benefit Feeding South Florida. Volunteers will serve craft cocktails, beer, and wine. Every dollar made, even the tips, goes to charity. 525 NW 1st Ave., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301. Reserve your spot here.
- A Taste of the Community (Tamarac): Enjoy delicious food, wine tasting, art galleries and fabulous raffle baskets from local businesses on Thursday, September 29, from 7–10:30 p.m. A portion of proceeds will go to Feeding South Florida. $20 per person until September 15; $25 after September 15. Woodlands Country Club, 4600 Woodlands Blvd., Tamarac, FL 33319. Event details here.
- Atlas Party Rental Tabletop Design Competition: During the entire month of September, individuals are encouraged to put together a table setting with orange elements, and post a photo on an album on www.facebook.com/atlaspartyrentalinc, tagging @FeedingSFL and using the hashtags #HungerActionMonth #FSFgoesorange.
So, pull out your calendar and all things orange and get ready to join the fight against hunger! For more information on ways to help, please visit Feeding South Florida’s website or call 954.518.1818.
About Durée & Company
Durée & Company, Inc. is an award-winning full-service public relations, marketing and special events firm with offices in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Aspen, Colorado. The firm serves the corporate, agency and non-profit arenas for local, national and international clients focusing on public relations for real estate, public relations for restaurants, public relations for law firms, public relations for charities, public relations for healthcare, and many more. Durée & Company services include Public Relations, Social Media, Marketing, Advertising, Special Events, and Radio Promotions and Outreach.