Package Price Starts at $179 Per Room, Per Night
Fort Lauderdale, Fla. – March 13, 2017 – What could be better for a girls getaway than a look at Elizabeth Taylor’s girly “riches” via an NSU Art Museum photography exhibition, a delightful stay at the Riverside Hotel, delectable cuisine and beverages, an all-day Water Taxi pass, and shopping? Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District’s “Girlfriends & Glamour Getaway” package, available now through Sunday Oct. 1, combines all of the above for the perfect ladies’ Fort Lauderdale escape.
Offered Thursday, Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday, the package includes the following fab features:
- Deluxe accommodations, based on double occupancy, in the Riverside Hotel’s Executive Tower, beckoning with views of the stunning Fort Lauderdale skyline and beautiful New River, large marble bathrooms, and an optional balcony
- Tickets to NSU Art Museum Fort Lauderdale. Among its current exhibitions is “Catherine Opie: 700 Nimes Road,” which presents new and recent work by Los Angeles-based artist Catherine Opie, an essential figure in contemporary photography. On view through June 18, the exhibition features photographs taken over the course of six months at the Bel-Air, California residence of the late actress Elizabeth Taylor. Opie photographed rooms, closets, shoes, clothing and jewelry that reveal an indirect, yet deeply intimate portrait of a life defined by wealth and fame.
- $30 food and beverage credit per room, per stay, which can be used at the hotel’s Wild Sea Oyster Bar & Grille, a coastal chic seafood destination; Indigo Restaurant, featuring culinary delights; Preston’s Wine & Martini Lounge, a uniquely elegant spot to unwind, with a grand piano and coral fireplaces that date back to 1936; or the Golden Lyon vintage pub, where creative cocktails are served
- One-day Water Taxi pass. Guests can see Fort Lauderdale via water, enjoying a day on the New River and connecting waterways, while hopping on and off at their leisure while taking in shopping, attractions and restaurants. The Water Taxi runs from 10 am.–11 p.m. and offers several routes and schedules.
- A welcome gift bag, including a savings book from upscale The Galleria at Fort Lauderdale mall containing more than 40 offers, valued at more than $300 in savings
- Complimentary valet parking for up to two vehicles per room
Package prices start at $179 per room, per night, based on double occupancy (depending on available occupancy and date selected). Up to four people may stay in one room — the third and fourth guests in the room pay an additional $28 per person. Prices are exclusive of taxes, gratuities, fees and other charges. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No refund or credit for unused portion. Void where prohibited.
Advance reservations are required for the “Girlfriends & Glamour Getaway” package. To book the package, visit https://www.riverwalkae.com/girlfriends/ and hit the button “Book Now”.
“Spending time away with the ‘girls’ is precious, and we are pleased to present this exciting package,” said Carmen Ackerman, Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District project manager. “Whether it’s an overnight escape, a weekend away or a longer retreat to spend quality time with girlfriends, this is a great opportunity to get away, with all of the planning done for you.”
About Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District
Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District is a unique partnership of arts and entertainment organizations located along the New River in downtown Fort Lauderdale with the express mission of promoting cultural tourism in South Florida. Presenting over 1000 individual events each year, The District attracts well over 1 million visitors annually. Partners of The District Consortium include Broward Center for the Performing Arts, NSU Art Museum Fort Lauderdale, Florida Grand Opera, Fort Lauderdale Historical Society, the Historic Stranahan House Museum and Bonnet House Museum & Gardens. It is supported by the Broward County Board of County Commissioners as recommended by the Broward Cultural Council and the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau. For more information about The District and its partners, visit www.riverwalkae.com.