At Durée & Company, we believe the best in each other, want the best for each other and expect the best from each other. We also know life’s responsibilities can sometimes get overwhelming, so we’ve created a supportive work environment that allows for flexibility and freedom while still serving our clients. In honor of our year of mindfulness, we’re sharing 10 ways we’ve incorporated wellness into our office culture.
- Group Outings Outside the Office
- Group outings can be very beneficial to employee well-being as they allow our team to learn more about each other in settings outside the office. For example, our team participates in the annual Fort Lauderdale Corporate Run. We also take part in other 5K runs in our community that give back to causes we care about such as Mothers Against Drunk Driving and Parkinson’s Foundation.
2. Play Music Around the Office
- The D&Co dream team loves playing different types of music throughout the office. Studies have shown that music improves mood and can help boost productivity and creativity. Music also keeps us motivated and inspired while taking on our daily tasks.
3. Host Lunch and Learns
- Working in an industry like communications involves staying up to date with new trends and technologies. We like to choose a day and time to block time off to learn together. We also use our weekly meeting to share company updates, news and relevant lessons learned with the rest of the team.
4. Celebrate Work Anniversaries
- Make milestones a celebration! Not only do we celebrate Dynamo birthdays with a lunch and cake, we also celebrate annual workversaries in our agency. This recognition fosters a sense of pride in our team.
5. Team Meditation Challenges
- There’s nothing like a good challenge to get your team into gear. We’ve used this energy for our personal development and taken on a 28-day meditation challenge that had something for everyone to introduce us to this life-changing and beneficial practice.
6. Company Swag
- Share the love with branded swag you give away at conferences and social events with your team! Equipping our team with the latest tech and innovations in merchandising keeps us excited and engaged. Have you seen our new selfie lights?
7. Office Yoga
- Yogis new and old have all enjoyed the benefits of an on-site yoga class as another way to relieve stress and unwind before the weekend. Even just a session every couple of weeks can produce great benefits for your team. Nothing like meditating in savasana to relax the multitasking mind of a PR practitioner!
8. Healthy Snacks
- Our kitchenette is stocked with plenty of healthy sweet and savory snacks. These options are very helpful when the team is busy and can choose from a range of options to stay fueled and energized.
9. Provide Reusable Water Bottles and Tumblers
- Your branded swag can also double as a way to internally promote hydration and sustainability! You’ll also be providing a way to reduce the estimated 1.5 million tons of plastic waste that bottled water creates every year.
10. Work with a Mindfulness Coach
- A coach can assess and help you better address issues of workplace stress since they work outside of the bubble your team does. They’re also great resources for your team to be more productive and better working together.
Now it’s your turn! What are some ways your team bring wellness and mindfulness to your work environment? Share them with us on Twitter at @DureeCoPR!
About Durée & Company
Durée & Company, Inc. is an award-winning full-service public relations, marketing and special events firm with offices in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Aspen, Colorado. The firm serves the corporate, agency and non-profit arenas for local, national and international clients focusing on public relations for real estate, public relations for restaurants, public relations for law firms, public relations for charities, public relations for healthcare, and many more. Durée & Company services include Public Relations, Social Media, Marketing, Advertising, Special Events, and Radio Promotions and Outreach.