Women’s History Month is a celebration of women’s contributions to history, culture and society. It has been observed in the month of March since 1987. But, did you know Women’s History Month was initially just International Women’s Day, then later, Women’s History Week? Now, we get a month!
Many people do not take the time to reflect on what these holidays actually celebrate. It’s a month-long celebration when women are recognized for their achievements, no matter their race, ethnicity, religion, economic status or political affiliation. At Fort Lauderdale- and Aspen-based public relations agency Durée & Company, we are fortunate to have a boss-lady running the company, so the Dynamos know how important it is to recognize and admire a woman’s successes.
Read on to get inspired by the words of our favorite successful, trailblazing women who said it best.
- “If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, then you are an excellent leader.” – Dolly Parton
- “Gossip is the devil’s telephone. Best to just hang up.” – Moira Rose, Schitt’s Creek
- “The success of every woman should be the inspiration to another. We should raise each other up.” – Serena Williams
- “It’s not the absence of fear. It’s overcoming it. Sometimes you’ve got to blast through and have faith.” – Emma Watson
- “The most important relationship in your life is the relationship you have with yourself.” – Diane Von Furstenberg
- “I didn’t get there by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it.” – Estée Lauder
- “The difference between successful people and others is how long they spend time feeling sorry for themselves.” – Barbara Corcoran
- “I just love bossy women. I could be around them all day. To me, bossy is not a pejorative term at all. It means somebody’s passionate and engaged and ambitious and doesn’t mind leading.” – Amy Poehler
- “There are two powers in the world; one is the sword and the other is the pen. There is a third power stronger than both, that of women.” – Malala Yousafzai
- “In the future, there will be no female leaders. There will just be leaders.” – Sheryl Sandberg
While we recognize these leading women in honor of Women’s History Month, we hope women all over the world are recognized for their achievements year-round.
About Durée & Company, Inc.
Durée & Company, Inc. is an award-winning, full-service public relations, marketing and special events firm founded in 1999. The firm has offices in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and Aspen, Colorado. Durée & Company serves the corporate, agency and nonprofit arenas for local, national and international clients. Services include public relations, social media, marketing, digital marketing, content development, advertising, special events, branding, radio promotions, affiliate marketing and more. Durée & Company clients include well-known names in yachting, business, real estate, hospitality, travel, cannabis and hemp, wellness and CBD, art and culture, fashion, nonprofit organizations, legal and professional services. Durée & Company is a member of PR Boutiques International™ (PRBI), an international network of boutique PR firms. To learn more, call 954-723-9350; g8o to dureeandcompany.com; or visit its new, specialized cannabis- and CBD-specific site at cannabismarketingpr.com. Join the social conversation and follow Durée & Company on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn at @DureeCoPR.