According to HubSpot, 28% of companies say that their top marketing challenge is securing enough budget. In order to stay in business and grow a client base, you have to market your business. However, it’s not always easy while working with a small budget. That’s why we’re here to help! At Aspen and Fort Lauderdale-based public relations agency Durée & Company, we have researched and put to the test various marketing tools to see what works best to market both our agency as well as our clients’ businesses. While marketing can be costly, we’ve put together five cost-effective business marketing ideas to help market and hopefully grow your business.
- Email Newsletters. There are many e-newsletter services that you can sign up for to design eblasts for free and distribute for a low cost. One service we use, Constant Contact, has premade templates so you don’t have to start from scratch when designing. When you first sign up, they often offer small discounts as well, so be sure to take advantage of those! Eblasts are important because they keep your business top of mind for the people you are sending to. For example, maybe you are selling CBD products and one of your contacts has been hearing all about it and finally decides to order from you. Or maybe you are a plastic surgeon and one of your contacts remembers that they’ve been wanting to contact you about a procedure. No matter what your business is, it’s good to let your contacts know what’s happening and that you are still open for business.
- Social Media Campaign. Social media is great because it’s free to sign up for an account! Whether it’s Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat or TikTok, you need to develop a plan so that all your channels flow together and represent your brand and message accurately. You can use your company style guide to create social media templates, designs, etc. Canva is a source we use to create social media templates. It’s free to sign up and very user-friendly. Though there is a premium version available for a fee, Canva also has free templates that you can use and plug in your own information, or just use as inspiration! The important thing to remember when putting your social media plan into action is to engage. This is how you will create relationships with your followers or potential new followers that could then lead to future business.
- Attend Networking Events. See what’s happening around your community. Often times, there are free or cheap business networking events to attend. These are great opportunities to hand out business cards and also collect business cards to grow your network. Meeting people face to face builds a relationship that you can’t always get from emailing. The more you network and see the same faces, the more likely those people are to trust you and call you for assistance or turn into potential clients/referral sources.
- Blog and Guest Blog. Make sure a blog page is set up on your website. This is great for SEO and also keeps your website fresh when uploading new blogs frequently. Stick to a schedule and blog regularly for the best results. Guest blogging is also very important because you get to tap into an audience that may not know who you are. Guest blogging can potentially gain you more followers and new clients.
- Apply for Award Opportunities. Whether it’s national or local, many publications have award opportunities that you can submit a nomination for. For example, Forbes 30 Under 30 is a big national award opportunity that you can apply for free. Before going national, you can also research awards that your local magazines or business journals may be putting on. Although the nomination forms may take a lot of time to fill out, these awards make for great content if you are recognized. If you’re selected, you can add this information to your bio, website, e-newsletter, blog, etc. and it will build your credibility. You can also draft a press release and do public relations if you are recognized.
We continue to use these cost-effective tips and have had great success with clients who are working with a tight budget. If you need assistance with the next steps in marketing your business, contact our pr firm at 954-723-9350.
About Durée & Company
Durée & Company, Inc. is an award-winning, full-service public relations, marketing and special events firm founded in 1999. The firm has offices in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Aspen, Colorado. Durée & Company serves the corporate, agency and nonprofit arenas for local, national and international clients. Services include public relations, social media, marketing, content development, advertising, special events, branding, radio promotions and more. Durée & Company clients include well-known names in business, fashion, hospitality, travel, wellness and CBD, marine & yacht, art and culture, nonprofit organizations, legal and professional services and real estate. Durée & Company is a member of PR Boutiques International™ (PRBI), an international network of boutique PR firms. To learn more, go to https://dureeandcompany.com/, visit Durée & Company on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/DureeCoPR/, Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/dureecopr Twitter at https://twitter.com/dureecopr or YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/DureeAndCompany, or call 954-723-9350.