The coronavirus (COVID-19) has introduced working from home to many people, which is an entirely new concept to a lot of workers. Office interactions, meetings, celebratory toasts and even happy hours have gone completely digital.
At Fort Lauderdale and Aspen-based PR agency Durée & Company, social distancing/working from home routine has involved using some of our time-honored apps, as well as some new ones, to maintain our productivity and continue to provide great work for our clients.
- According to glg.it, a technology previously used 10% to 20% of the time is now being used 90% or 100% percent of the time. Zoom’s active users went up by 151% year over year in March. This broke the company’s own records.
- Statista.com states that during the coronavirus outbreak in March 2020, 32% of those aged 18–29 and 33% of those aged 30–49 used video calling or conferencing services to attend a work meeting.
With this huge increase in the use of apps and online services, the Dynamos wanted to share our five favorites:
- Slack (Searchable Log of All Conversation and Knowledge): We at D&Co have used Slack prior to the pandemic and now more than ever it’s become quite useful to communicate efficiently. Slack is a cloud-based internal tool that allows instant messages to be organized by subject matter. This app helps our team members stay up-to-date on client news and flag important announcements in real-time. The paid version of its chat app is now freely available to anyone directly supporting the COVID-19 response for three months.
- Zoom: Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, collaboration, chat, and webinars across mobile devices, desktops, tablets, and phones. In the PR industry, it’s helping bloggers, journalists, and influencers do much-needed virtual interviews. Zoom is at the top of Apple’s rankings of the most popular free apps in many countries, according to data from analytics company App Annie.
- Dropbox: This file hosting service allows its users to share collaboratively. In addition to our secure server, we at D&Co have found Dropbox to be one of the best ways to synchronize files across all our devices and to share files internally and externally. During our busiest days, Dropbox comes to the rescue when we need to send B-roll and images to our clients or media contacts.
- iCloud Photo Sharing: These shared albums allow anyone to share photos and videos with just the people they choose — and they can add their own photos, videos, and comments. With the push of a button, our team is able to upload images and videos into cloud storage for easy accessibility. Best of all, iCloud can sync instantly to all devices (iPhone, iPad, laptop or desktop).
- Google: Google Hangouts allows members to initiate and participate in text, voice or video chats, either one-on-one or in a group. With Google Docs, you can access, create, and edit documents wherever you go — from a phone, tablet, or computer — even when there’s no connection. During the pandemic, Google is offering advanced Hangouts Meet videoconferencing capabilities to all G Suite and G Suite Education customers at no extra cost.
These and other apps and online services are keeping much of the world ― including the world of PR and marketing ― running during COVID-19. If you need help communicating your messages during the pandemic or at any time, contact the PR experts at D&Co.
About Durée & Company
Durée & Company, Inc. is an award-winning, full-service public relations, marketing and special events firm founded in 1999. The firm has offices in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Aspen, Colorado. Durée & Company serves the corporate, agency and nonprofit arenas for local, national and international clients. Services include public relations, social media, marketing, content development, advertising, special events, branding, radio promotions and more. Durée & Company clients include well-known names in business, fashion, hospitality, travel, wellness and CBD, marine & yacht, art and culture, nonprofit organizations, legal and professional services and real estate. Durée & Company is a member of PR Boutiques International™ (PRBI), an international network of boutique PR firms. To learn more, go to https://dureeandcompany.com/, visit Durée & Company on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/DureeCoPR/, Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/dureecopr Twitter at https://twitter.com/dureecopr LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/dureecopr, or YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/DureeAndCompany, or call 954-723-9350.