More than 4,500 of South Florida’s top movers and shakers in the real estate industry convened at The Real Deal Miami’s Real Estate Showcase & Forum on Oct. 26. The event was held at Soho Studios, in the heart of Wynwood’s arts district.
A number of panel discussions with South Florida’s top developers, real estate brokers (including our fabulous client, Coldwell Banker’s Southeast Regional VP Nancy Klock Corey) and investors were held to highlight the state of the market, post-Irma impact and plans for Miami’s growth.
Here are our top takeaways:
- Miami is in a unique position to compete against other major U.S. cities as a global cultural and trade hub.
- Land is scarce in South Florida — and continues to grow even scarcer. This is why holding onto prime land is always a smart decision.
- Even though Latin Americans still make up a viable market for South Florida’s real estate, developers are opening up to new foreign markets, like China, Turkey, and Europe.
- Hurricane Irma’s impact on South Florida caused a slowdown in sales in the month of September, but things are looking up. According to Corey, “those who didn’t buy in September, they’re coming back in.”
- Hurricane Irma not only brought our community together and proved its resilience, but it also was a testament to South Florida’s high standards for construction.
- Asking prices for homes listed for sale should be 5 or 6 percent above the likely selling price. Too often, homes are overpriced by about 20 percent.
- Affordability on the retail side is almost as important as affordability on the rental side.
Here at D&Co., we have a strong concentration in luxury real estate projects in the Florida and Aspen markets. We work closely with the regions’ top brokers, developers and sales managers, helping us to maintain a finger on the pulse of real estate in Florida, Aspen and beyond.
Some of the South Florida real estate clients and projects that we are currently involved with include: Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate and The Jills®, Sabbia Beach in Pompano Beach, 7918 West Drive in North Bay Village, The Ocean Resort Residences at Conrad Fort Lauderdale Beach, The Ivory in Bay Harbor Islands, Forest View Estates in Hollywood, The Reserve at Edgewood, The Heafey Group, and Gulfstream Park. We also work with Gary Feldman Real Estate in Aspen, and Zenodro Homes in Orlando.
About Durée & Company
Durée & Company, Inc. is an award-winning full-service public relations, marketing and special events firm with offices in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Aspen, Colorado. The firm serves the corporate, agency and non-profit arenas for local, national and international clients focusing on public relations for real estate, public relations for restaurants, public relations for law firms, public relations for charities, public relations for healthcare, and many more. Durée & Company services include Public Relations, Social Media, Marketing, Advertising, Special Events, and Radio Promotions and Outreach.