At Fort Lauderdale-based public relations firm Durée & Company, reading and writing isn’t just a job requirement, it’s something we love to do in our free time! With today being National Book Lovers Day, we started thinking about our favorite books and sharing recommendations with each other. So what are we reading? Here are some of the D&Co team favorites.
- Durée: “AP Stylebook” by Norm Goldstein and Associated Press, the insiders guide for every publicist. (Hey, what can we say? We live by this book!)
- Richard: The Merriam-Webster Thesaurus by Merriam-Webster, because his goal is to never be at a loss for words.
- Chrissy: “Quiet” by Susan Cain, a fascinating look at the world of introverts in an extroverted world.
- Sue: “When Breath Becomes Air” by Paul Kalanithi, a compelling look at a neurosurgeon’s transformation from a doctor to a patient struggling to survive.
- Caroline: “How to Win Friends and Influence People” by Dale Carnegie, a classic read on how to communicate with different types of people and increase influence.
- Brooke: “The Glass Castle” by Jeannette Walls, a memoir of a determined girl carving out a prosperous life of her own against all odds.
- Andrea: “The Circle” by Dave Eggers, an exploration of our society and our connectedness to electronic devices. (Sound familiar to anyone?)
- Alisha: “#GirlBoss” by Sophia Amoruso, the inspiring tale of a dumpster diver turned fashion mogul who transforms her life into a $250 million-plus fashion retail company.
- Samantha: “Me Before You” by Jojo Moyes, the story of an ordinary girl and an extraordinary man and a timeless tale of their love. (She liked the movie too!)
- Jennifer: “The Five People You Meet in Heaven” by Mitch Albom, an account of one man’s journey in the afterlife.
- Ana Maria: “Sophie’s World” by Jostein Gaarder, a teenage girl’s induction to philosophical thinking and the history of philosophy.
Now, let us know your recommendations!
About Durée & Company
Durée & Company, Inc. is an award-winning full-service public relations, marketing and special events firm with offices in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Aspen, Colorado. The firm serves the corporate, agency and non-profit arenas for local, national and international clients focusing on public relations for real estate, public relations for restaurants, public relations for law firms, public relations for charities, public relations for healthcare, and many more. Durée & Company services include Public Relations, Social Media, Marketing, Advertising, Special Events, and Radio Promotions and Outreach.