Nothing could be more critical to an organization’s online presence than a website. Every road on the Internet leads back to it. So, putting a great deal of time, thought, strategy and design into creating and launching a website are important first steps to ensure that you can be found online.
At Fort Lauderdale and Aspen-based public relations agency Durée & Company, we have the experience and knowledge to help you create a quality and effective website to positively affect your bottom line. While every brand and company may have a website, it doesn’t mean it’s built effectively, or that it’s optimized for that matter. To get started, there are a number of steps that can be taken to ensure usability, functionality, engagement and overall ranking.
Following are D&Co’s 5 tips for creating and launching a website:
- Use WordPress: Get started on the right foot and lay the foundation for a website that won’t need any rebuilding. Make the investment and build the website in WordPress. Also, use a reputable hosting platform that does automatic WordPress updates. Good hosting platforms also lower the chance of hacking, do automatic WordPress updates and come with a security certificate (SSL). It’s imperative to correctly establish this upfront, as trying to update/change or move over a website at a later time can be costly, not to mention a huge headache.
- Have branding and a company mission in place: Having a style guide prepared before the creation of a website is very helpful, in that it dictates colors, fonts, logo usage and size and other style components. A comprehensive style guide also aids in the creation of other related communication hubs, including social media channels and newsletters. In addition to branding, your company’s mission should be finalized. It will let interested parties know exactly what you are trying to achieve, as well as lead your company in the right direction.
- Ensure your copy is optimized by using keywords. Integrating keywords into your website copy is, well, key. These are words that your audience will likely search for in an attempt to find you online. Frequently using keywords and copy that is written for your audience will help in an organic Google search. This includes all blog content housed on your website. In fact, regular blogging with keywords keeps your website relevant, fresh and easily searchable in Google. And, because those Google crawlers are very smart, make sure copy is spellchecked and free of errors for best results.
- Incorporate images, videos, graphics, and logos into your website. These components help illustrate and tell a visual story of your brand. In today’s fast-paced world with limited attention spans, these components are absolutely essential to catch a reader’s eye and communicate your story. When implementing these features, reference your style guide to make sure everything fits into the established branding.
- Make sure all forms are correct, and internal and external links are checked. Any types of forms, payment portals, and other data collection should be tested many times so any potential kinks can be worked out before your website goes live. Also, make sure all internal links work! If you’re linking externally, be 100% sure that the links are still good and go to trusted sources.
Your website is the front line of your organization. It’s how people can immediately find out who you are, and what you do. This first impression can last a millisecond if your website is not user-friendly, or it can be the beginning of a fruitful long-term business relationship if they like what they see.
Looking to make your online makeover or debut? Allow D&Co to help you make millions of incredible impressions with your website. Contact us to learn about all that we do.
About Durée & Company
Durée & Company, Inc. is an award-winning, full-service public relations, marketing and special events firm founded in 1999. The firm has offices in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Aspen, Colorado. Durée & Company serves the corporate, agency and nonprofit arenas for local, national and international clients. Services include public relations, social media, marketing, content development, advertising, special events, branding, radio promotions and more. Durée & Company clients include well-known names in business, fashion, hospitality, travel, wellness and CBD, marine & yacht, art and culture, nonprofit organizations, legal and professional services and real estate. Durée & Company is a member of PR Boutiques International™ (PRBI), an international network of boutique PR firms. To learn more, go to https://dureeandcompany.com/, visit Durée & Company on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/DureeCoPR/, Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/dureecopr Twitter at https://twitter.com/dureecopr or YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/user/DureeAndCompany, or call 954-723-9350.