Having been a part-time, Aspen resident for nearly two decades, Durée & Company’s fearless leader, Durée Ross, can truly say that summertime is her favorite time of year in the stunningly beautiful mountain haven. Now, with a full-time office in the city of Aspen, Aspen and Fort Lauderdale-based public relations agency Durée & Company is excited to have clients come visit ― our doors are always open. Located in the prestigious Alpine Bank Building, our office is perfectly situated in the heart of Aspen.
Why does Durée recommend Aspen in the summer? There are so many different things to do, each and every day. In fact, the old saying “people come to Aspen for the winter and stay for the summer” definitely rings true in Durée’s opinion. First off, the weather is delicious ― think 70s in the daytime and a cool 40s or 50s at night.
The following are a few of Durée’s favorite things about Aspen and recommendations:
- Hiking ― From Smuggler Mountain Trail to Hunter’s Creek, there are many spectacular hikes from which to choose. Durée loves the challenge of hiking up Ute Trail, which is a 1,200-foot climb. It’s an extremely difficult yet inspiring hike, both up and down.
- Mile-high views — Take the gondola to the top of Aspen Mountain and have lunch, all while enjoying spectacular views. For those who want a major challenge, the hike up Aspen Mountain is also intense, which should be rewarded with a chocolate chip cookie from Paradise Bakery when back down in town.
- Pedal to the metal — Ride a bike to Woody Creek Tavern, a historical place favorited by journalist and author Hunter S. Thompson, and full of kitschy fun. With Aspen’s new E-Bikes, it’s not necessary to pedal back uphill to get back to Aspen after some fresh fish tacos.
- Art Galleries – Take a stroll along East Hyman Avenue and experience the beauty and talent behind Aspen’s art galleries and artists. Whether you are an artist, interior designer, decorator, or simply looking for that perfect addition for your home or office, you will be blown away by Aspen’s unparalleled collections. We brought a piece of Aspen to our Fort Lauderdale Headquarters when we bought our Snoopy wall art at Royal Street Fine Art and our Life is Beautiful piece at Cha Cha Gallery. Click here for additional galleries.
- Concerts ― Over the years, Durée’s favorite concerts have been at Belly Up! From The Go-Go’s to Lauryn Hill to LeAnn Rimes to Chris Isaak and many others, the concerts there are like a private get-together. Most recently, she enjoyed concerts by Melissa Etheridge, who brought the house down using 10+ different guitars, and an incredible performance by Cee Lo Green where Durée was put on the mic to rap during the concert.
- Shopping ― Shopaholics unite! Aspen is the town to melt that credit card. Our office is a block from all the main brands such as Gucci (a personal favorite), Dior, LuluLemon and numerous others. Plus, Kemo Sabe is a favorite store of Durée’s for cowboy and western-wear. The horses even park outside of the store! E. 101 has casual and unusual clothes, and she also loves shopping at B’Jewel Aspen. Plus, make sure to visit B’Jewel’s tent at the Saturday Aspen Farmer’s market (run by dear friend MC) for fabulous jewelry, accessories and kimonos.
- Eating! ― There is no shortage of restaurants to choose from. Durée’s two new favorite restaurants include:
- Clark’s Aspen is a great place to take clients and friends for lunch or dinner ― and they have a great happy hour. It has incredible chargrilled oysters, a grilled octopus appetizer plus a delicious lobster roll. It’s on the site of a very famous old-time historical restaurant called Little Annie’s. On a recent visit, Durée was lucky to find a pearl in her oyster!
- Betula, on the site of the old BB’s Kitchen, features a sexy interior, lounge area with a DJ, plus a gorgeous exterior patio space to dine al fresco in the summer. Betula features delicious Palomas in adorable birdie glasses and the food is spectacular. Betula has a St. Barths vibe (it has a sister restaurant there called Bonito) right in the heart of Aspen. Don’t miss it.
Two oldies but goodies include:
- Matsuhisa, owned by famous Sushi Chef Nobu Matsuhisa. Favorites include Nobu crispy rice with tuna appetizer, sunomono salad, sushi and of course, the famous black cod.
- White House Tavern is a teeny tiny restaurant that doesn’t take reservations and is owned by Hillstone. There are about 12 items on the menu, and they are all delicious. You can’t go wrong with the chicken meatballs, macho salad, fried chicken sandwich, or the cheeseburger and fries.
If you are planning a trip to Aspen and are looking for recommendations, please contact us! Our Aspen office is located in the beautiful Alpine Bank Building, 600 East Hopkins Avenue, Suite 203, Aspen, 81611. Call our Aspen office at 970.452.2195, our Fort Lauderdale office at 954.723.9350, or email us at email@example.com.
About Durée & Company
Durée & Company, Inc. is an award-winning full-service public relations, marketing and special events firm with offices in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Aspen, Colorado. The firm serves the corporate, agency and non-profit arenas for local, national and international clients focusing on public relations for real estate, public relations for restaurants, public relations for law firms, public relations for charities, public relations for healthcare, public relations for yachting and marine, public relations for wellness and cbd and many more. Durée & Company services include Public Relations, Social Media, Marketing, Advertising, Special Events, and Radio Promotions and Outreach.