At Durée & Company, we’ve been fortunate to work with incredible and talented clients. Looking back on 2017, we feel proud of what the D&CO Dynamos have accomplished in only 365 days. Here’s a look back at some of our standout moments of 2017 –
Making Magic Happen
Working with clients who are positively impacting our community is one of the most rewarding parts of our job.
- Rising Tide Car Wash, a groundbreaking social enterprise with a primary mission to employ adults with autism, shined on national TV on “The Hero Effect” docu-series, an uplifting series television on The Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN). Following the success of the Parkland location, Rising Tide opened its second location in Margate, Florida and our team secured features in outlets like The Huffington Post, CBS, FOX, and NBC, among others.
- Throughout the year, iFLY Indoor Skydiving’s monthly “All Abilities” events encouraged all individuals, despite physical and cognitive barriers, to push past limitations and take flight and we were able to secure numerous editorial placements.
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) hosted its Walk Like MADD & MADD Dash Fort Lauderdale 5K and raised over $300,000 towards drunk driving awareness with a grand total of $1.25 million raised over seven years.
- FLIPANY (Florida Introduces Physical Activity and Nutrition to Youth) hosted the Seventh Annual “Chefs Up Front” fundraising dinners at The Biltmore in Coral Gables and the W Fort Lauderdale in Fort Lauderdale. The events raised more than $100,000 in support of FLIPANY’s efforts to continue to teach youth and families healthy eating habits through Share Our Strength’s Cooking Matters Program.
- Gulfstream Park, a multi-faceted dining, shopping and entertainment destination located between Miami and Fort Lauderdale, held its Taste of Equality event raising almost $9,000 for Equality Florida and brought awareness to the LGBTQ community.
- P&O Global Technologies, Inc., an international leader in surveillance camera systems and technology, received unanimous site plan approval for 7918 West Drive, a uniquely designed, technologically advanced waterfront condominium development planned in Miami’s North Bay Village.
- Parkinson’s Foundation South Palm Beach County Chapter hosted another successful Moving Day® Walk, an annual event that raises funds and awareness for Parkinson’s Disease. More than 500 people attended the event which raised more than $100,000. Proceeds will support programs to improve the lives of people with Parkinson’s Disease, their caregivers and all others affected by this disease.
The Celebrity Effect
Attaching a celebrity to a brand can have a tremendous effect on business when you have the right angle. These experiences indeed put our clients on the map with features not only in the local media, but also in many outlets nationwide.
- Home run for Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade’s Kendall Club! The Miami Marlins held their All-Star Legacy week festivities at Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade’s Kendall Club, where Alex Rodriguez (A-Rod) and Giancarlo Stanton made a special appearance at an event commemorating MLB’s 88th Annual All-Star Game in Miami.
- Only the best milk bottle service at The Hideaway. The acclaimed DJ Khaled, his fiancé Nicole Tuck and their son Asahd Tuck Khaled made a special appearance at the grand opening of The Hideaway, a speakeasy bar located in Downtown Fort Lauderdale. After the event, our team secured national and international press for The Hideaway.
- Chef Michael Schwartz and Wellness in the Schools (WITS) partnered with Broward County Public Schools Food & Nutrition Services to bring Harry’s Kale Pizza to the cafeteria as a part of an initiative to introduce healthy food recipes created by celebrity chefs onto the menu. The event was featured on the cover of the Sun Sentinel and on TV.
- In celebration of Art Basel Miami Beach 2017, the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) showcased “How to Unlock a Portal”, the U.S. debut of Swedish photographer Jacob Felländer. Felländer is internationally recognized for his collections of large-scale manipulated photographs of cityscapes and landscapes and received critical acclaim in the art community.
- Michael Elkins, labor and employment law attorney, and shareholder at Bryant Miller Olive, was the featured legal expert in the New York Daily News’ piece on Colin Kaepernick’s collusion grievance against the NFL.
- Kijafa Vick and Stacey Chambers of VH1’s Baller Wives sat down at Brio Tuscan Grille at Gulfstream Park for the very emotional end of their season-long feud.
- The Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District is a unique partnership of arts and entertainment organizations located along the New River in downtown Fort Lauderdale with the express mission of promoting cultural tourism in South Florida. This year, The CW’s Inside South Florida featured all the packages that allow visitors and locals alike to make the most of the district.
From the Ground Up
Nothing is more gratifying than seeing our clients’ visions come to life.
- Sabbia Beach, the first ultra-luxury oceanfront residential development in Pompano Beach in almost a decade, hosted a successful topping-off celebration and will be ready for residents to move in by Spring 2018.
- The Atlantic Hotel & Spa held the grand opening for its new flagship restaurant, Coastal, this November. Fort Lauderdale Mayor Jack Seiler, the Chamber of Commerce, and numerous VIPs attended the ribbon-cutting cocktail event. Our team coordinated press and managed the guest list for the restaurant’s grand opening.
- We had a blast planning the grand opening cocktail party for The Ivory, a luxury boutique waterfront project. The event exhibited the property’s unique and stunning views of Bay Harbor Island and the Atlantic Ocean.
- BRAVO Coastal Bar & Kitchen, an exciting new concept in coastal casual dining, was unveiled at Westfield Siesta Key in Sarasota. This location is the first and only Coastal Bar & Kitchen in Florida and there are just five of these dining concepts in nationwide.
When our clients win, we win.
- The D&Co Dynamos brainstormed and secured an exceptional editorial piece with Lifestyle Media Group. Sabbia Beach was the site of a fashion photo shoot for Lifestyle Magazine’s June 2017 issue. Sabbia Beach is the only real estate project in Broward County to have a feature like this.
- The Jills were named “Best Billionaire Realty Brokers” by Modern Luxury Miami Magazine in its Best of The City feature. In 2017, our team secured national editorial coverage for The Jills in outlets such as LA Times, The Wall Street Journal, and the Robb Report. The Jills’ properties were also featured on CBS, E! News, Univision, and CNBC, among others.
- This year, Bokamper’s Sports Bar & Grill was named “Best Sports Bar” in Sun Sentinel’s 2017 “Best of South Florida.”
- Special Needs Group was named the silver winner of the 2017 Travel Weekly Magellan Award for Hospitality, in the Hospitality – Special Needs category.
- BRAVO Cucina Italiana at the Mercato in Naples was recently named one of “The Top 100 Hot Spot Restaurants in America” for 2017 by OpenTable
- Gary Feldman, a real estate agent based in Aspen, CO and founder of the Gary Feldman Group, celebrated 2017 with the highest sale – at $30 million – in the Aspen Area. Feldman also held the top sale title in 2016 with a $24 million sale.
- Rachel Sapoznik, founder, CEO & president of Sapoznik Insurance, celebrated the company’s 30th Anniversary and was named the 2017 Silver Stevie® Award winner for Women in Business, in the category Female Entrepreneur of the Year — Business Services.
- Jacob Steiger of Steiger Facial Plastic Surgery was named a Castle Connolly 2017 Top Doctor awarded to doctors who are among the best in their specialties and communities by The Boca Raton Observer. This year, Dr. Steiger was also featured in Yahoo Beauty and The Palm Beach Post, among others.
- Real Estate developer, SobelCo, tapped Douglas Elliman Development Marketing to lead sales for its 321 at Water’s Edge and Galleria Lofts SobelCo was also named one of the top condominium developers in South Florida by The South Florida Business Journal.
- The D&Co dynamos celebrated the holidays with Jalea, the smart five-year-old girl we adopted via Neighbors 4 Neighbors and The Pantry of Broward. We were honored to play Santa for her at our holiday party and excited to support #AdoptAFamily for the second year in a row!
These are only a few of the many extraordinary client successes that occurred in 2017. Every year we strive to exceed our previous year’s results, so here’s to the next 365 days!
About Durée & Company
Durée & Company, Inc. is an award-winning full-service public relations, marketing and special events firm with offices in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Aspen, Colorado. The firm serves the corporate, agency and non-profit arenas for local, national and international clients focusing on public relations for real estate, public relations for restaurants, public relations for law firms, public relations for charities, public relations for healthcare, and many more. Durée & Company services include Public Relations, Social Media, Marketing, Advertising, Special Events, and Radio Promotions and Outreach.