Happy (#Hashtag) holidays! Whether it’s #NationalChocolateDay or #GivingTuesday, hashtag holidays are great ways for your brand to engage with your audience and customer base, especially when it comes to consumer packaged goods.
As social media is an important component of many consumers’ everyday lives, hashtag holidays help them connect with other people and brands when it comes to shared interests. Think pop culture events, religious holidays, and even out-of-the-box observances like #NationalCheeseLoversDay!
At Fort Lauderdale and Aspen-based marketing and public relations agency Durée & Company, we have the know-how to incorporate key and even fun-filled, crazy hashtag holidays with our clients’ public relations and marketing strategies. With experience using hashtag holidays since ― well ― when these social media wonders were invented, we have the knowledge about how to use them to achieve maximum exposure for consumer packaged goods.
We’re happy to share some of our tips for mixing hashtag holidays into public relations and marketing efforts to create exceptionally exciting buzz for consumer packaged goods:
- Work in advance. First and foremost, when it comes to hashtag holidays, working ahead of time is critical. Our team carefully plans our clients’ pitching and social media calendars ― based on upcoming hashtag holidays ― up to six months in advance to maximize their results. For our client Veritas Farms, to prepare for December hashtag holidays such as #christmastime and #hanukkahgift, we started brainstorming in July. The result was a popular limited-edition, seasonal four-flavor pack of Veritas Farms’ signature full-spectrum hemp oil tinctures.
- Stay true to your brand identity. More isn’t always merrier when it comes to hashtag holidays. Be sure to pick hashtag holidays that have the most relevance to your brand, and that relate to its core identity. If you manufacture shampoo, don’t attempt to find a way to incorporate your brand with #NationalPizzaDay. It’s just not going to work.
- Keep up with current trends. Monitor social media and the news to keep up-to-date with the latest trends that relate to your brand and overall company.
- Use hashtag holidays to plan your social media content calendar for the year. For instance, for National Vodka Day, our client Toast™ Vodka participated in an Instagram takeover with POPSUGAR Home. The Toast Vodka mixologist demonstrated how to make the custom “POPSUGAR” punch cocktail using Toast™ Vodka. Throughout the year, our team works with the Toast™ Vodka mixologist to develop recipes tied to hashtag holidays, to share with media and influencers for potential partnerships.
- Have hashtag holidays serve as relevant and timely hooks to pitch media. Your public relations efforts should mirror your brand’s content on social media For example, do you want to make yourself stand out among all other brand’s gift sets during the holiday season? As an example, for our client Steiger Facial Plastic Surgery, we often use hashtag holidays to pitch Steiger Skin Care products. In November, #NationalHealthySkinMonth, our team pitched these products to media, as well as on Steiger Facial Plastic Surgery social media platforms
Need help with getting the most out of hashtag holidays to promote your consumer packaged goods? Use effective public relations and marketing to get the job done. Contact us at Durée & Company!
About Durée & Company, Inc.
Durée & Company, Inc. is an award-winning, full-service public relations, marketing and special events firm founded in 1999. The firm has offices in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and Aspen, Colorado. Durée & Company serves the corporate, agency and nonprofit arenas for local, national and international clients. Services include public relations, social media, marketing, digital marketing, content development, advertising, special events, branding, radio promotions, affiliate marketing and more. Durée & Company clients include well-known names in yachting, business, real estate, hospitality, travel, cannabis and hemp, wellness and CBD, art and culture, fashion, nonprofit organizations, legal and professional services. Durée & Company is a member of PR Boutiques International™ (PRBI), an international network of boutique PR firms. To learn more, call 954-723-9350; g8o to dureeandcompany.com; or visit its new, specialized cannabis- and CBD-specific site at cannabismarketingpr.com. Join the social conversation and follow Durée & Company on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn at @DureeCoPR.