It happens every year. Summer moves quickly, fall picks up with client events, our schedules fill up and we suddenly realize: Halloween is just around the corner. Here we are, mid-October, and we have not the slightest clue what any of us are wearing for Halloween! How will we decorate our homes? What festivities will we attend? Lucky for you, the team at award-winning South Florida PR firm Durée & Company is here to help our friends and family have a spooktacular celebration.
Here are just a few of our tips for getting into the Halloween spirit:
- Attend a Halloween-themed event – The city of Pembroke Pines is hosting the 5th annual Ghoulish Guardians Pumpkin Carving/Design on Saturday, Oct. 17. This is a free event with encouraged donations benefiting Children’s Harbor, a Pembroke Pines-based child welfare organization. Kids of all ages are welcome to attend, and prizes are up for grabs! For additional information, visit ppines.com/ArtsforCommunityEngagement.
- Plan your costume – While Halloween costume stores pop up everywhere this time of the year, that isn’t your only option. Try designing your own outfit using items from your closet and craft drawer!
- Get your pumpkins – Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade is hosting its annual pumpkin patch seven days a week, now through Halloween at the Hank Kline Club.
- Decorate your home – One of our favorite social media platforms, Pinterest, is here to guide you through the ins and outs of Halloween decorations. All you have to do is search the site using generic keywords and phrases such as “Halloween decorations,” “spooky houses” and “haunted décor,” just to name a few.
- Bake a yummy treat – The D&Co team is filled with foodies, so this holiday should be no different! Here are 15 must-make recipes from AOL. Not skilled in the kitchen? Consider outsourcing dessert by ordering delicious treats like the cupcakes from Sweet Guilt by Angelica.
- Give back to the community – On Saturday, Oct. 31, 2015, dine at BRIO Tuscan Grille in Plantation. Ten percent of all the delicious food and non-alcoholic drinks will support MADD Fort Lauderdale’s 2016 Walk Like MADD & MADD Dash 5K.
Now cast your spells, match your pumps to your broom and try not to hurt your teeth on too much candy this Halloween!
TV summer finales have come to a close and it’s finally time for our fall favorites to return! Can’t figure out what to watch? We’ve done the hard part for you. From comedy to suspense, the team at award-winning South Florida PR firm Durée & Company dishes on our favorite TV shows:
- “House of DVF” (Sundays at 10 p.m.) – Looking for your weekly fashion fix? Tune into this E! TV show! The always-stylish series follows the life of fashion icon Diane von Furstenberg. The cast includes Diane’s staff and seven lucky girls who were chosen to compete in weekly challenges, with the ultimate goal of becoming DVF’s brand ambassador! From the iconic DVF wrap dresses to an inside peek of the fast-paced fashion industry, this series will have you hooked every Sunday night.
- “The Voice” (Mondays & Tuesdays at 8 p.m.) – NBC’s “The Voice” is the perfect show to watch with the whole family. Not only does it showcase music idols Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani, and Pharrell Williams, but it also introduces viewers to young and talented artists. You can tune in to this show at any point during the season and be in for a night of jokes from Blake, and amazing performances from the up-and-coming superstars.
- “The Goldbergs” (Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m.) – Who doesn’t love a decade-themed TV show? One of our favorites is ABC’s The Goldbergs. This 80s-themed series brings us back to one of our favorite decades and features storylines based off of New Kids on the Block songs and blockbuster hits such as “Risky Business” and “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.” The family-oriented comedy will tug at your heartstrings while providing tons of laughs.
- “Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles” (Wednesdays at 10 p.m.) – This Bravo reality series is now in its eighth season, but don’t worry – you don’t have to play catch-up to watch. Follow around top realtors David Parnes, James Harris, Josh Altman, and Josh Flagg as they go on a mission to sell the most beautiful properties in Los Angeles for over $1 million. This is always a favorite, since Durée & Company does so much work in real estate!
- “How to Get Away with Murder” (Thursdays at 10 p.m.) – The ABC series is only in its second season, and has already received incredible attention and accolades from the People’s Choice Awards, Screen Actors Guild Awards, Golden Globe Awards and more. With a plot that constantly keeps viewers guessing, this must-see legal drama’s ensemble cast is just another perk. We recommend catching up on Netflix and starting from the beginning; you won’t want to miss one scene!
Now grab your blanket and get ready for a week full of the most addicting TV shows!
Don’t let the pink and sparkly Durée & Company office and brand fool you; we are more than just glitter and shine. We also like to throw on the jerseys (and Durée & Company caps!) to cheer on our favorite athletes. Whether it’s basketball, football or baseball, we try to cover all of the bases when it comes to using our award-winning PR services for athletes at client events.
The past three weeks alone have had an all-start roster we’re beyond proud of. The latest D&Co appearances include:
- A-Rod – Slugger Alex Rodriguez donated $1 million to Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade this month to assist in program expansion.
- Birdman – Chris “Birdman” Anderson of the Miami Heat assisted with a Feeding South Florida™ food distribution in Miami during Hunger Action Month (September).
- The Entire Miami Dolphins Team – Also in support of Feeding South Florida’s Hunger Action Month, we had an entire NFL team at a Miami food distribution. Now that’s some team spirit.
- Coming Soon: Shane Battier – Retired NBA player Shane Battier, formerly of the Miami Heat, will teach South Florida youth the ins and outs of the sport at Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade in October.
Who needs March Madness when you have Sporty September? Thank you to all of the celebrity athletes out there for being good sports and lending a helping hand, and glove, to nonprofits in need. You’re all first-round picks in our eyes!